• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suspension overhaul done!

ricerooster

Reaction score
Visit site
Worth the overhaul, no more hard suspension jarring on crappy roads. Fork emulator plus 3 pot caliper, and stainless brake line definitely makes the bike feel better when stopping, although the master cylinder could be replaced. And there was no need for me replace the rear shock with the one from Aprilla since there was an aftermarket one already installed. Winner!!!
c7ae120bceaa09d59c1ee0f3a797fdcc.jpg
b23c978011b4453acd8b18ba5d6112fb.jpg
2249f90626cde2047836787569bf39cd.jpg
49ad09bbb1e1e99a2887de56dd5c6306.jpg
fbf9a00288b6f1221f42862da9415a44.jpg
33e6f41cbee61ba44cd916da03137dc8.jpg
b4de81d34ada27c5d4806349b6fff3aa.jpg
2059b64f3d0f83c6d97ea37a0f14c307.jpg
14fb77ce879cb36f62b9771ccfa7abe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What are the shorter pipes for that you have shown with a pipe cutter?

I believe I can answer on behalf of the OP. The thin wall tubes are the stock spring spacers. To install the RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators, if you want to maintain the same amount of preload, you shorten the spacer by the thickness of the Gold Valve. That way when reassembled, the spring and spacer stack with Gold Valve included is the same length as before.

To the OP, it looks like you installed new fork seals. Are these aftermarket seals? I’m using stock fork seals but I feel they create too much stiction. I’m looking to see if seals exist for the NC that would lessen fork stiction and make the forks more compliant over small bumps and ripples.

I believe I can answer on behalf of the OP. The thin wall tubes are the stock spring spacers. To install the RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators, if you want to maintain the same amount of preload, you shorten the spacer by the thickness of the Gold Valve. That way when reassembled, the spring and spacer stack with Gold Valve included is the same length as before.

That is what I needed to know, thanks!

Correct, thank you.

To the OP, it looks like you installed new fork seals. Are these aftermarket seals? I’m using stock fork seals but I feel they create too much stiction. I’m looking to see if seals exist for the NC that would lessen fork stiction and make the forks more compliant over small bumps and ripples.
Fork seals are aftermarket from All Balls Racing, nothing was wrong with the ones I had, just change them while the forks were apart. But don't do what I did, I assembled one fork leg, mounted it back on the bike, and forgot to put the fork seal clip back on... Lol

I'm curious as to what shock you have installed. It doesn't look like the RSV4 shock that I have. It's a stock shock off of something, the question is what.

Back