• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1.2" Riser on a 2015 750X manual transmission (Canadian model)

The cables and brake hose on the manual transmission model seem to work well with risers up to 2 inches. However, my experience was with a standard braking system, whereas you probably have ABS. At only 1.2 inch rise, you should be OK.

Skookum, my 2015 with DCT and ABS has a set of 1.5" Rox risers installed. I had to "loosen things up" by undoing some factory mounting stuff - I think there was a grommet holding a brake line IIRC - but the 1.2" should be no problem.
>T

Dan I have a set of 1.5" silver ones (unbranded) if you want them. I'll be in Montreal over the weekend if you want to drop by (close to chinatown/old montreal).
Shoot me a pm.

I have the same risers (but silver) installed on my NC, between that and pulling the handlebars towards me a little it was a big improvement.
for me there was no extra work involved, I took off the 4 bolts, plate, lifted the bars, inserted risers below the bar, double check everything is centered, reinstall the bolts and get the angle of the bars perfect before actually tightening them up completely

Dan I have a set of 1.5" silver ones (unbranded) if you want them. I'll be in Montreal over the weekend if you want to drop by (close to chinatown/old montreal).
Shoot me a pm.
Thanks Harvey, very kind of you. This specific model is what I want as it is compatible with my custom GPS set-up. Moreover, I prefer to get a reasonable 1.2" (I was looking at 1") and have them black. Hope you'll have a nice week-end in Montreal. Beware of traffic congestion. Waze is your friend.

between that and pulling the handlebars towards me a little it was a big improvement.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. The riser + pulling the handlebars towards me a little both contributes to the improvement? Or pulling the handlebars towards me a little was a big improvement compared to the riser?

Can you clarify?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The riser + pulling the handlebars towards me a little both contributes to the improvement? Or pulling the handlebars towards me a little was a big improvement compared to the riser?

Can you clarify?
Both, the riser helped and the pulling the bars closer towards me helped.

Install the risers and then find the most comfortable angle (for you) just make sure your bars still clear everything

Can you clarify?
As an example
83e63324980fda2dd3ebf559bb2f4571.jpg
ade612ed3f71dde6744ae7dd4ee69093.jpg
778773cf01b5ab24b749328fc4f73d5f.jpg

Follow-up; got the risers installed. I worry a bit about the brake line that goes from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator. It is now extracted from its grommet/holding clamp to get some loose but when I turn the bars to the far left, the hose gets stuck up against the top triple clamp and seems to be very slightly compressed. Because of this, I can't recline the handlebars towards me as much as I wish. 1.2" is the very maximum raise with a 2015 750X ABS manual transmission unless I re-route the brake line behind the top triple clamp. Anybody ever did this?

Follow-up; got the risers installed. I worry a bit about the brake line that goes from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator. It is now extracted from its grommet/holding clamp to get some loose but when I turn the bars to the far left, the hose gets stuck up against the top triple clamp and seems to be very slightly compressed. Because of this, I can't recline the handlebars towards me as much as I wish. 1.2" is the very maximum raise with a 2015 750X ABS manual transmission unless I re-route the brake line behind the top triple clamp. Anybody ever did this?
I left my line in the clamp but loosened the mounting bolt and changed the angle from a 90° to mostly facing upward (almost straight up but not quite, 20°-25° or so) and that freed up enough room for me.

As long as it's not rubbing, vibrating against something, getting pinched or being yanked on, I think it should be fine.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me

Last edited:
I left my line in the clamp but loosened the mounting bolt and changed the angle from a 90° to mostly facing upward (almost straight up but not quite, 20°-25° or so) and that freed up enough room for me.

It’s worth nothing, that hose routing on the standard brakes is different from the ABS brakes. Standard brake hose goes straight to the caliper, while on the ABS, it goes from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator.

It’s worth nothing, that hose routing on the standard brakes is different from the ABS brakes. Standard brake hose goes straight to the caliper, while on the ABS, it goes from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator.
Yeah I'm annoyed that the U.S. didn't get ABS on the manual version (at least as an option) so that is different on my NC

Back