• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

um, no. That thing is huge and fugly. granted beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree. I did not like the looks of that one in the pics they had. Plus they called it a "Triumph Honda NC700X";

"This is the MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Triumph Honda NC700x. (Click on the photos for a closer look.) There is nothing else on the market that gives you total control over the shield position and airflow like our patented design. "

Uh, do ya know which bike you made this for?:rolleyes:

Isn’t there some kind of rule along the lines of first to post it tries it. Kind of like first who smelt it, dealt it.

Hey, I just saw the thing, passing along more choices ya know. I don't have the money to test it out.
As for the huge and ugly comment, function over form in my world.

Interesting. I have a MadStad on my V-Strom. For it, you can just get the adjustable brackets and put any windshield that fits the V-Strom on it. I run a Givi shield and the system works great. Too bad you're locked into one of his shields to go with the brackets.

Mark at MadStad has great customer service ....

The RoboBracket system has such a large range of adjustment - both the height & tilt, that most can find a position to fine tune the air flow.

I've used the RoboBracket system on a DR650SE, WR250R and Super Sherpa and it just works.

Also you can mount up almost anything to the brackets - not just the Windscreens he sells. I'm sure they would just sell the bracket system without the windscreen if you would like to go that way and use a different windscreen - you would just have to drill four holes to match up to the RoboBrackets.

Interesting. I have a MadStad on my V-Strom. For it, you can just get the adjustable brackets and put any windshield that fits the V-Strom on it. I run a Givi shield and the system works great. Too bad you're locked into one of his shields to go with the brackets.

Aw, crap! You mean Triumph makes a Honda NC700X too? Everyone's gonna jump on this bandwagon, aren't they. But man, the Triumph Honda NC700X sure does have a fugly windshield!

I just got a CalSci large windshield and installed it on the lower set of holes. Is there a preference specified by the factory. In any case it makes the bike much more livable.

I just got a CalSci large windshield and installed it on the lower set of holes. Is there a preference specified by the factory. In any case it makes the bike much more livable.

Keep an eye on your mounts. I'd check them after every ride -- especially the lower nuts. Quite a few of us have had them pull out with the extra pressure from a big screen -- especially in the upper mounting posistion.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/883-my-calsci-windshield.html

Dale's nut plates are a good fix if you do have problems.

trey

I have both the Honda touring and stock screen, I may look at making my own brackets, and if I'm not confident in their durability go for the Madstad brackets using the stock shield with the touring.

Madstad has another setup that looks a bit better, and from what I have found online works better. Doesn't use the robo bracket set, has an aluminum plate with a set of slides, can be found in another Madstad thread in the forum. Talked to the Honda dealor today, they are taking my touring shield back and I just ordered the Madstad setup. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

I have used the madstad system on two of my bike they work Very well and turn both of those bikes from UNCOMFORTABLE, into VERY comfortable rides. I would definatly put one on a NC7

Madstad has another setup that looks a bit better, and from what I have found online works better. Doesn't use the robo bracket set, has an aluminum plate with a set of slides, can be found in another Madstad thread in the forum. Talked to the Honda dealor today, they are taking my touring shield back and I just ordered the Madstad setup. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

I think you are referring to the original Robo Brackets. In talking to Mark, he says that most prefer the new ones for ease of adjustability, no wrenches required. Some riders really like to play with optimizing wind flow and it would be annoying to have to fiddle with wrenches, and perhaps even removing the windshield for small adjustments.

I'm interested in the originals mostly because I think they will look better. They have about an inch less depth. They also have a couple of inches more adjustment up and down because you can flip-flop them. That could be useful if there are two riders of the same bike with very different heights I suppose. Otherwise, the wind flow should be the same.

I have the Old one on a bike now, I would like to see the new ones for the NC7

Ok these do not seem as low profile as the others are.

But once you pivot and have the right angle's it doesn't matter.

Back