• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MPG's in DCT S mode

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ran a full (3 gal) tank of fuel in S mode and rode a little more aggressively than normal. Usually I get between 69.5 and 70.5 mpg, In S mode it came out to 61.6. I thought it was going to be in mid 50's the way the gauge was dropping. 61.6 hot rodding around ain't bad for hauling this 270 lb carcass.

I have gotten about 64 mpg fairly consistenly in mostly S mode or in MT. The best mpg I have gotten so far (in about 800 miles use) is 69.3 mpg

Just curious...are you getting that mileage with, or without the luggage on?

Something I've read before is that side cases really cut gas mileage. I wonder if that's true with the NC700X.

Chris

Just curious...are you getting that mileage with, or without the luggage on?

Something I've read before is that side cases really cut gas mileage. I wonder if that's true with the NC700X.

Chris

Hi, no luggage of any type.

CalSci windshield height

That tall CalSci windshield you mentioned--how tall are you and was it the right height. I am just 6' and want to get one for my bike if it ever arrives.

I am 5'11" with 30 inch inseem so I sit high on a bike. The tall works good for me, mild wind on helmet, very little noise. If you are long legged the mid will prolly work for you but if you get the tall you can cut an inch off at a time till you get it perfect. You will have trouble adding an inch at a time.

I do mostly (95%) city driving (lots of RED lights!), I get an average of 55mpg. There were 2 tanks where I did 50% highway, I got 65mpg and 68mpg. I think I am burning a lot of gas at red lights because the idle is so high.

54.0 mpg on my first tank. I usually go around in S mode too. I have the OEM case on the back. Hopefully it will get better as I don't particularly care for D mode.

Back