• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How is Geico's roadside assistance?

mr_et2

Reaction score
Visit site
So, melensdad's post (Best roadside assistance/travel membership?) got me thinking... I have Geico insurance on my NCX, with roadside assistance. Does anyone else here have Geico with roadsice assistance, and if so, have you used it? It definitely came in handy with my last car, but is it worth it on a bike? Or should I look into something else?

Thanks!

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is that regardless of the company or group offering their roadside service, they mostly use the same fleet of generic, privately-owned, tow trucks and how much they are paid by that company/group to help a customer, makes a difference as to where you are on their priority list; especially on busy days or in remote locations.

No one has their own fleet of tow trucks they can dispatch from any corner of the country.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is that regardless of the company or group offering their roadside service, they mostly use the same fleet of generic, privately-owned, tow trucks and how much they are paid by that company/group to help a customer, makes a difference as to where you are on their priority list; especially on busy days or in remote locations.

No one has their own fleet of tow trucks they can dispatch to any corner of the country.

yep, you can have the best roadside assistance in the world, but if you someplace where there are few if any motorcycle tow trucks..out of luck.., also will depend on how busy the tow companies are...

Join the American Motorcycle Association and get free towing/roadside with membership. It is a good organization promoting motorcycles and the coverage includes your cars and trailers (some restrictions apply. ) You may be able to blend it with your GEICO policy to cover any shortfalls in the policy. Read the policy language before you buy any insurance.

I too have Geico with their RA. However, i have never had to use it for the Bike... yet. As the others have already said, it all depends on who is on their towing rotation list, how busy the tow company is and of course where you are broke-down. :{)

I believe the AMA "free towing" that is part of membership has a 25-mile limit, then you have to pay for each mile.

I have GEICO insurance on my bikes. When I first got the NC, I ran out of gas, and was very unhappy to discover that GEICO would not send someone with a gas can. Instead, they offered to tow it to gas station. What a waste of time and money. I ended up taking an Uber to and from a local gas station. I have the AMA roadside assistance, and my recollection is that they will bring you gas, and not require that your bike be towed.

Back