• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A motorcyclist is killed by a bolt of lightning in Florida

That might be equivalent to winning the lottery twice as far odds go..........

I always thought golfing and boating in a storm were asking for trouble ?

I don't mind riding in the rain, but when I see it's lightning I freak out!!!
:eek:

I got caught in a thunderstorm years ago & haven't ridden in rain since. Lightening bolts dropping all around me & I rode like an idiot trying to get home. Front tire hydroplaned & swung left at 65-70 & I almost slid into the car on front of me. It turned left just as I slid past. 1983 & since then I've checked the weather before every ride. I guess I'm a lightening phobic. I've seen huge trees snapped off at the trunks from lightening bolts. Wondering if that rider had places to take cover or just got caught out like I did.

Yep, I will ride in rain, but lightening nope...came close to getting hit by one on the old cruiser a few years ago; realized I was still riding and still alive, pulled over under a convenience store overhang and waited out the storm...nope, nada, zilch...stay away from lightening...

xkcd: Conditional Risk

conditional_risk.png

Though on the other hand... Florida does have the most cloud to ground lightning strikes per capita in the country...

Back