• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Phoenix Arizona!

Trevboyy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody this was one of my very first forums I EVER visited for any advice on anything I've ever dug into. I bought my bike new from a dealership around the early July of 2017 and its the ONLY vehicle I own, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep it in tip top condition, as well as making a few mods to make it my own. After almost 2 years of owning the bike, I finally installed a fender eliminator to tidy my back end up (my first actual cable job other than stereo speakers). That's pretty much it about me but you can find the rest about me in the bio. Other than that, ride safe and dress for the slide not the ride! I will post photos of my bike once my phone is charged!

Welcome! Dress for slide, not the ride...I like that!!
Former Sun Devil here and when I was living in Phoenix I also only had a motorcycle. Commuted to Tempe for school and to Sky Harbor every day....Can get a bit toasty in the summer, eh? ;-)

Nice in the cooler months though!!

Welcome! Dress for slide, not the ride...I like that!!
Former Sun Devil here and when I was living in Phoenix I also only had a motorcycle. Commuted to Tempe for school and to Sky Harbor every day....Can get a bit toasty in the summer, eh? ;-)

Nice in the cooler months though!!

HA! Im commuting to Tempe 5 days out of the week for work and to visit my mom. I actually used to work at Sky Harbor but that was a few years back. I thought it would be a cool idea to be all blacked out to match my bike, plus thats the main color i wear in general, but in the summer i feel like a heat magnet. I wanna try to find a good looking white helmet or something with a design so it still looks cool, but doesnt attract so much heat. Thanks for the welcome!

And a hearty welcome Trev from northern IDAHO(former wildcat here, haha)!! Lived in Marana for 8 years in the 80's and commuted to the north side of Tucson 6-days @ week. There is some amazing areas to ride down there, i really miss it, but not the HEAT! :{)

Much props to you for riding in AZ year around. I used to visit Tempe often for work related reasons, so I've been there at the peak of heat. Quite intense!!!

For states that should legalize lane-splitting, AZ is right up there. Sitting in traffic must be terrible for you.

Oh man i talk about how lane splitting should be legal here all the time. I've never done it but it would prevent me from cooking while on the bike. I'm gonna wear my jacket all summer this year because last year my arms got burnt sooo badly. probably invest in some khaki moto pants as well.

Welcome Trev, I too ride here in the Phoenix area. 50 miles each way to work. I too wear black since I work as a truck driver and prefer it. Having lived here since 1970 I guess that I am pretty used to it but I have to admit that the burning sensation I get on my calf every afternoon while wistfully staring at the nice, wide, obviously designed for lane-splitting, lane between the car-pool lane and the fast lane does not feel good. Maybe one day we'll be able to do some limited lane splitting.

Maybe I'll see you out there.

I've spent some time in Phoenix, visiting my uncle near Camelback Mtn. and then to go to a few of the Barrett-Jackson auctions in January.

I've never ridden out there, but our San Fernando Valley here can get into the high 90's most summer and fall days. If I had to ride in the heat of day (or even at night) I'd want to wear light colors. A white helmet and mesh jacket can make a big difference.

I used to ride out to the valley for haircuts and when I switched from a black mesh jacket to a yellow, silver and black one (hard to find jackets with NO black!) I noticed a little difference when stuck in slow moving traffic on the 101. I also prefer wearing lighter colors to help cagers see me better. I KNOW they see my white helmet and frequently slow down when I'm behind them in the carpool lane. I guess, with my silver bike, they think I'm LAPD?

Mesh gloves also help a lot. I had to switch out of my first pair of gauntlet gloves the first summer I rode.

yup, i have the mesh jacket, with mesh gloves. still find myself kinda hot BUT i could easily wet my shirt for the ride home. honestly, sometimes i just wear my motorcycle jacket and nothing underneath lol but def looking for a more colorful helmet.

Back