• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Shock for 700S

linchauvin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all! I need a rear shock for an NC700S however local garage says there's no replacement part. Help please? Suggestions? Any other suitable makes that would fit? Don't do a lot of offroad riding, mostly street.

TIA!

L

Welcome to the Ride Linchauvin, and a hearty welcome from Northern IDAHO! you can do a search here for rear shocks as there are already several good threads about them. Your options are of course Ohlins, RaceTech or swap a shock from a 17 Aprilia RSV4... :{)

I remember the NC700S using a shorter shock than the X, but not exactly how much shorter it is.

I think the 17 RSV4 shock that I have, even set as short as it'll go, is likely to be longer than stock (but I could be wrong).

Rear NC Shock Measurements please? indicates that the F4i shock is somewhat shorter than the X shock. It might be a decent option.

Damn I used to have a file on this from a motorcycle show a few years ago with something built in Taiwan...dohhhh

I have a brochure from Gears Racing Canada Online Store. I must have talked to them about this as I would not have kept it otherwise. I don't see anything on their site but try contacting them. I think they have a shop in Richmond. Good luck "S" rider :)

Have a look at the YSS website. They certainly do one for the NCX and I would be surprised if not for an S. I use a YSS on my CRF250L and it works well on it.

I believe the S has 1-inch shorter wheel travel than the X - 4.9" vs 5.9", so something in the rear suspension is different between the two bikes.

Last edited:
I remember the NC700S using a shorter shock than the X, but not exactly how much shorter it is.

I think the 17 RSV4 shock that I have, even set as short as it'll go, is likely to be longer than stock (but I could be wrong).

Rear NC Shock Measurements please? indicates that the F4i shock is somewhat shorter than the X shock. It might be a decent option.

Its a 305.

Back