• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Honda CRF850L Africa Twin Rumors Heat Up

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get Ready for a Middleweight Africa Twin There have been previous Honda Africa Twin rumors, but those were about a bigger version of the bike. A new rendering of the possible upcoming CRF850L has surfaced at a Japanese publication, suggesting Honda will go the other way. DriveMag Riders recently showcased the rendering. The Japanese publication ...
The post The Honda CRF850L Africa Twin Rumors Heat Up appeared first on webBikeWorld.

More...

Still too big. Why make another AT almost as big as the 1000? Maybe it’s to please moto-journalists.

The 1000 will soon to be 1100. But I agree with you, 850 still seems a bit too big. Perhaps Honda doesn't want to cannibalize NC750 sales.

Need to come out with an NC1000X with that AT engine and beefier suspension valved and sprung more toward street riding. LOL too niche of a dream I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Honda needs to put the CB500 engine in a dual sport frame with good suspension. It would be the CRF500L Africa Twin Lite. Yes, I know there is already a CRF450L, but it’s based off a race engine and only holds 2 gallons of fuel, which is not friendly for much road travel.

Or else take the CRF250L Rally and give it the 400 Japan version of the CB500 engine.

Last edited:
I think beef up the CB500X motor to a 650 and then lighten and develop the chassis and suspension to the standards of the competition. Nobody needs all the power of 1000's and 850's for proper offroading. The 500 is already a very good motorcycle and a 650 would do everything that most of us will ever want whether we realise it or not.

Would that not be the CB500X?
The 500X is a street bike. Other than that it now has a 19 inch front wheel, it’s no better off road than the NC. My proposed AT Lite would be a true dual sport.

people over on ADV have shoehorned the 500 twin into the CRF500L. something like that, factory, would be nice.

Back