• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Scorpion EXO-R710 Review: a True Value Superstar

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick Specs Under $200 / Intermediate Oval / 3.55lbs / 1,610g A $200 SNELL/DOT-Certified Bargain, & My New Full Face Value Pick The Scorpion website proclaims the EXO-R710 to be the best fiberglass helmet you can buy for its $200 price point, and I have to say that I can get on board with that ...
The post Scorpion EXO-R710 Review: a True Value Superstar appeared first on Web Bike World.

More...

I don't have any experience with this exact model but I've been pleased with the scorpion brand, their helmet and my head work well shape wise but it's the value for your dollar that initially got my interested in the brand over one of the older more recognised brands.

At a local riding gear and the shop they had a helmet day with sales reps from around a dozen brands come out and give deals and try and promote their helmets, I spent hours trying on different brands and models and left with a scorpion EXO helmet, a couple years later a bought a newer better model and gave my some my old helmet, I recently damaged my helmet and will likely replace it with a even better helmet still made by Scorpion.

I'm looking at their carbon fiber helmet at $400 it's more than I've spent in the past and I'll have to paint it (only comes in black) but I've got a friend that'll do that cheap.
I'm also tempted to drop $600 on a helmet with built in a.c. I'm still undecided but I've got my old helmet and I won't be riding for awhile anyway so no rush to decide.

Point being if your not familiar with the brand check out Scorpion brand riding gear I've been especially pleased with the helmets

I'm in the market for a new helmet and can't decide on one. I have the Scorpion Exo T510 Nexus helmet and it is an awesome helmet in quality and functionality, but fit is off. I can't decide whether its too small or just Intermediate oval where I need long oval. I used to wear Icon helmets religiously, which are long oval fit. I've grown over the years and so has my head, I can't get Icon helmets on without ripping my ears off now. The Scorpion is fine everywhere but my forehead. After about an hour or two of riding I start having to push forward on the back of the helmet to give my forehead a break. Never had any issues like that in the Icons, just to narrow for me now. My Scorpion is an XL and I wonder if a 2XL would correct my issue. Regardless I'm contemplating trying another brand while I'm at it. There's also the choice of adv or regular full face too. More research to do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a new helmet and can't decide on one. I have the Scorpion Exo T510 Nexus helmet and it is an awesome helmet in quality and functionality, but fit is off. I can't decide whether its too small or just Intermediate oval where I need long oval. I used to wear Icon helmets religiously, which are long oval fit. I've grown over the years and so has my head, I can't get Icon helmets on without ripping my ears off now. The Scorpion is fine everywhere but my forehead. After about an hour or two of riding I start having to push forward on the back of the helmet to give my forehead a break. Never had any issues like that in the Icons, just to narrow for me now. My Scorpion is an XL and I wonder if a 2XL would correct my issue. Regardless I'm contemplating trying another brand while I'm at it. There's also the choice of adv or regular full face too. More research to do.

I wonder if a change of pads would sort out the fit?
They don't make a large enough icon, if the shape is a better fit

I pondered fooling with the pads, but I dont think it would help much bc there shouldn't be much of a difference in padding around the top forehead area (I wouldn't think anyways). I tried my old Icon Alliance XL on tonight now that I have a real good feel of the Scorpion, and paid attention to forehead area, the Icon fits perfectly around the top of my head. I just wish it wasnt so dang narrow of an opening. I know part of why they do that is to eliminate noise, but I'd take some extra noise over not having raw ears after putting it on and taking it off a few times on a day's ride. Lol

I thought about dremeling out some of the foam inside the Scorpion but dont want to mess a $240 helmet up. Wish I had sent it back to Revzilla when I bought it couple years ago. It seems to fit fine until you've worn it a bit, then the forehead pressure is very evident.

I haven't messed with the newer Icon Airmada or the newest Airflite, or the Variant ADV helmets, might be worth ordering one from Revzilla to try and return if it won't fit well.

I kinda have my eye on the AGV K5 S, but I am afraid of the fit. Never worn an AGV. I hate not being able to try them on. It's annoying having to mess with returns/exchanges.

Last edited:
Back