• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from New England

jb882

Reaction score
Visit site
We recently picked up a 2016 NC700x for my wife. She is really excited about it. Up until now she has ridden a TW 200 for the last 5 years and she felt like it was time for something bigger. When we started looking i suggested this model because of a couple reasons. First being the mild mannered engine, i figured it would be perfect for her. She didn't want something with a hard hitting powerband like my Ducati has and this engine seems to fit the bill perfect. She wanted an ADV style and this bike was one of the few that i thought she could ride seat height wise. So far she has had no issue riding it but we plan to lower it a little so she has more confidence. The new dogbones are already on the way from Soupy's.

When we test rode the bike i was pretty impressed with it. i think handling wise its great and is very predictable in its nature, the power comes on nice and easy making it a really easy bike to ride. I didn't find it as exciting a bike to ride as my Duc is but i like that the bike is so easy and pleasant to ride. There are no surprises when you get on the throttle which is exactly what she wanted.

So far we plan to lower it and maybe add some panniers and a top box to it and that's about it for mods. I hope i can learn some stuff about the bike on the pages here.

Welcome! I think you made a good choice. The 700 has been around for quite a while now so there’s a lot of good info here on this forum.

I chuckled a little when you said that lowering and luggage would be about it for the mods. I kind of said something about like that 30 or 40 mods ago.

I chuckled a little when you said that lowering and luggage would be about it for the mods. I kind of said something about like that 30 or 40 mods ago.

Same here. I bought my super-economical 2015 NC in 2016 and told my wife it was a bargain ... Then the farkling began and I added another 28% of the purchase price with all the cool stuff.

JB - welcome aboard. The vast majority of the folks on this forum have discovered that the NC is an awesome bike that just does its job really well. It's not a race bike... It's not what I would call a "Sturgis" sort of bike... It's just a good looking, stable, solid, reliable, economical bike that does a lot of things really well. I'm sure your bride will love it.
>Thm

A Bama welcome Y’all! You can learn anything you need from this forum. Hope you have loads of fun with the bike. It’s a jack of all trades - master of none sort of motorcycle. It can do pretty well just about anything you want it to.

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. Your wife will love it, and you guys will have some great times riding together.

Since my Sharks just got eliminated, I'm rooting for your Bruins (assuming you're a hockey guy).

Welcome. Do you actually live in the city or the one of the burbs?

I'm out in the burbs, i live in the metro west area.

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. Your wife will love it, and you guys will have some great times riding together.

Since my Sharks just got eliminated, I'm rooting for your Bruins (assuming you're a hockey guy).
Def a hockey guy. Glad the B's are in it for sure. If they lost i would have been pulling for the Sharks. It would be great to see Thornton win a cup, i would love to see him still playing in black and gold.

We recently picked up a 2016 NC700x for my wife. She is really excited about it. Up until now she has ridden a TW 200 for the last 5 years and she felt like it was time for something bigger. When we started looking i suggested this model because of a couple reasons. First being the mild mannered engine, i figured it would be perfect for her. She didn't want something with a hard hitting powerband like my Ducati has and this engine seems to fit the bill perfect. She wanted an ADV style and this bike was one of the few that i thought she could ride seat height wise. So far she has had no issue riding it but we plan to lower it a little so she has more confidence. The new dogbones are already on the way from Soupy's.

When we test rode the bike i was pretty impressed with it. i think handling wise its great and is very predictable in its nature, the power comes on nice and easy making it a really easy bike to ride. I didn't find it as exciting a bike to ride as my Duc is but i like that the bike is so easy and pleasant to ride. There are no surprises when you get on the throttle which is exactly what she wanted.

So far we plan to lower it and maybe add some panniers and a top box to it and that's about it for mods. I hope i can learn some stuff about the bike on the pages here.

Welcome to the club..you got a great all-around bike...when you lower it, you may have to do something with the side-stand also and if you get a center-stand, you may have to order one from overseas for the S model (all depends on how much you lower it)...I was at kickstand 10 this past weekend and it was fun riding with a guy who lurks on here (yep, you Robbie) and rode an sv650...

I had my wife's NC700x lowered.

In addition to installing adjustable lowering links on the rear, the front forks were adjusted to drop the front end so the bike remained level. The whole bike was lowered just about an inch and it made a big difference for my wife.

An adjustable kickstand was also installed to accommodate the lowered height; the stock kickstand would have held the motorcycle straight up and it would have been unstable.

This is what we used, the dealer installed it for me => NC700X Adjustable Kickstand & Lowering Links Combo Kit

I had my wife's NC700x lowered.

In addition to installing adjustable lowering links on the rear, the front forks were adjusted to drop the front end so the bike remained level. The whole bike was lowered just about an inch and it made a big difference for my wife.

An adjustable kickstand was also installed to accommodate the lowered height; the stock kickstand would have held the motorcycle straight up and it would have been unstable.

This is what we used, the dealer installed it for me => NC700X Adjustable Kickstand & Lowering Links Combo Kit

Those are the links we bought. I didn’t get the kickstand because i did not like the end of it. Looks like it would just sink on hot pavement. My plan once we get the height where she wants it is to cut down the stock one and weld it back together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must be the odd man out. I picked up a 2012 that had a few modifications and I took off the aftermarket windshield and put on the stock wind screen. Lowered pegs, loud horn, and cheap saddlebags and I’m set for life. Some beautiful biking here as you know, I’ll think you’ll both be thrilled with the NC.

jb882 said:
I didn’t get the kickstand because i did not like the end of it. Looks like it would just sink on hot pavement. My plan once we get the height where she wants it is to cut down the stock one and weld it back together...

I agree with you on the odd shape of the kickstand.

Time will tell if it works.

I kept the original (and own a welder) with the thought that I might end up cutting and welding.

Got the bike lowered today with the Soupy's links and the side stand cut down with a new homemade foot. All told it took like an hour. Seat height is about 31.5" now which is right on par with her TW200. When i sit on it i have bent knees. We will see how she does when she gets home from her parents tomorrow. Im sure its going to be perfect since she has no issue with the height of the TW at all. The links went on easy and were pre set to be lower than stock. The rear was dropped an inch without me having to adjust them.

The soupy's lowering links
i-MLjsW5G-X2.jpg

Forks
i-cP9VTNc-X2.jpg

The kickstand cut down...
i-fH28Rjx-X2.jpg

i-JFLpCTw-X2.jpg

Looks like the lean is good with the cut stand.
i-WmC3QwQ-X2.jpg

i-hpM93JH-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back