• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What an idiot....road trip.

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Referring to myself.

So, in changing out the kickstand the other night, I damaged the sensor....I checked to see if it would still go in gear and it would with the stand up, so I thought it was good. Fast forward to today, start of our weekend trip....and the thing would not go into gear. Had to take kickstand back off, remove sensor, use jumper wire to bypass it and tape it up. Start on our way, gas light been flashing but figured I could make it to the gas station in neighboring city 15 min away. Ran out of gas at 197 miles on that tank, literally about 1 mile from the gas station, on Comer Bridge over the TN river.....15 min from home. What an idiot. At least I know the limits of miles per tank now. So we are like 2 hours behind schedule, attending a Black Label Society concert in Clarksville TN tonight, but had some stops planned on the way and planned to get some video footage through some curves. Maybe we can still fit it all in. Again, what an idiot. Lol. Fantastic start to our trip.

edff8c38ec24394aa3a5bdb5d46b709b.jpg

9db15582f0b4697c71a2d92111e6d3d3.jpg

And here we are at Arbys, where we are about to depart from and hit the road. Off we go!

a25a57113a5a01010ba82b8f7ca13f20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've learned to never do maintenance on a motorcycle right before trip. Glad you were able to recover.

I try to have everything done by two weeks before a trip. It gives my time to run the bike a bit and ensure I didn’t mess something up.

JT

Sucks to have that happen. Just gotta expect some unexpected stuff whenever on a bike trip and be flexible. Hope it doesn’t spoil the whole ride for you.

What a day, 250 ish miles of curves and interstate. Good times, arrived at destination finally!

415b38ccd6884af0539729d00407fd52.jpg

ce17b4bcbc83ca1501ee40bdb0c87ad0.jpg

More pics to come

Why such bad fuel consumption? Have you changed your air filter recently?
I get about 250miles to a tank (hwy miles).... And I'm a big boy (over 250 pounds).....
Running it hard maybe? Idk. 53 mpg isn't terrible, but not what I've seen some of you getting. I have not checked air filter since I bought it a few weeks ago. But only has 8700 miles on it now, wouldn't think the air filter would be that dirty yet.

Why such bad fuel consumption? Have you changed your air filter recently?
I get about 250miles to a tank (hwy miles).... And I'm a big boy (over 250 pounds).....
some of us probably open the throttle more than others :)

What a cool road trip! I tried to plan a trip recently from my home in California to go see 311 at Red Rocks in Denver but couldn't arrange the time off with work. It's a goal of mine to see a concert there, someday I'll get to be able to.

Glad to hear you got things sorted out with your bike. Well done.

A former riding buddy would start off trips like that. First stop five miles down the road, gas.

Second time it happened, goodby.

On the homestretch now. Be home in about 45 min. Ran through rain about every 20 minutes the whole way back.

Can't wait for my Shad seat to come in. Anything will beat this stock one. My arse is numb!

2722d5ae71a1341f825e2920ea1258fa.jpg

But only has 8700 miles on it now, wouldn't think the air filter would be that dirty yet.

You never know where it was ridden. Mine had 2800 miles on it when I checked the air filter. We have cottonwood trees here in Michigan and the fluffy cotton seeds were coated on the filter. That stuff is so thick sometimes it’s like riding through a blizzard. A simple cleaning with the vacuum cleaned it right up and I put it right back in. Runs great.

My other bike had a mouse nest in the airbox. The filter was all clogged up with mouse bedding and seeds. I cleaned it out, put in a new filter and like magic my MPG went up.

JT

On the homestretch now. Be home in about 45 min. Ran through rain about every 20 minutes the whole way back.

Can't wait for my Shad seat to come in. Anything will beat this stock one. My arse is numb!

2722d5ae71a1341f825e2920ea1258fa.jpg

It only hurts until it goes numb! Then you’re good to go for the long haul.

JT

Back