• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

need help finding correct front brake pads

mrhappy002

Reaction score
Visit site
At 38000km it is time to replace my brake pads! The rears were end of life and the fronts as well. I have a NC700X ABS 2013 manual and I'm having a hard time finding front brake pads. I'm in Montreal Canada and I mainly use fortnine dot ca as a supplier.

They are great but it seems that they have the wrong pads for my bike...

IMG_20190516_155253 (2).jpg

I've looked at the EBC catalog on their website and this is the pad they show for my bike FA196V or FA196HH. Obviously this is incorrect.
What would the correct pad be?

Also, let's say I find pads from another brand, can I run EBC pads in the rear and another branc in the front? Would that cause problems?

Merci! Thanks!

At 38000km it is time to replace my brake pads! The rears were end of life and the fronts as well. I have a NC700X ABS 2013 manual and I'm having a hard time finding front brake pads. I'm in Montreal Canada and I mainly use fortnine dot ca as a supplier.

They are great but it seems that they have the wrong pads for my bike...

View attachment 38201

I've looked at the EBC catalog on their website and this is the pad they show for my bike FA196V or FA196HH. Obviously this is incorrect.
What would the correct pad be?

Also, let's say I find pads from another brand, can I run EBC pads in the rear and another branc in the front? Would that cause problems?

Merci! Thanks!
I didn't think that you could get ABS on a manual. Thought it only ca.e on a DCT?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I didn't think that you could get ABS on a manual. Thought it only ca.e on a DCT?

I've ABS on a manual: I think Honda do it differently in certain areas to maintain a good safety rating or something. The engine immobiliser is standard here in the UK too.

I got brakes for my 2013 model from eBay but got a garage to do the task and they supplied their own pads. I've thus a spare set, but I sized them up against the pads that came off and they were a match. I'll dig them out of the shed, those spares and confirm the part number for you...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Only USA models are demarcated by DCT standard ABS or not.

In Canada I think you want the FA388HH pads for fronts on an ABS 2012-2013 bike. These bikes have a 3 piston caliper and the pads are longer.

Later models have a 2 piston caliper and take a shorter pad, I think FA196HH.

Only USA models are demarcated by DCT standard ABS or not.

In Canada I think you want the FA388HH pads for fronts on an ABS 2012-2013 bike. These bikes have a 3 piston caliper and the pads are longer.

Later models have a 2 piston caliper and take a shorter pad, I think FA196HH.

Thank you sir!

FWIW I've received the fa388hh and they are what I needed. New tires and new pads. Feels like a new bike! Now waiting for my danmoto exhaust. Can't wait!

Next up are side cases. Want something like kappa K22N. Cheap and opens from the top. I like the shad sh23 but I don't think the 3P systems fit our bikes for these side cases... Shame!

My daughter has the GIVI 22's on SW-Motech hardware. They open from the top and it takes any GIVI side vase in case you want to switch it up.
Yes, it was the previous owner who put the Honda decals on the wrong side of the bags. You would think that everyone knows the wing goes forward! I guess I could put the bags on backwards on the opposite sides.
15b5bbb3ad3b72f8c06c814a95b65157.jpg

Last edited:
Back