• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tidied Up the Tail & Red Rim Tape

Juan_Banjovy

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0217.JPG. Ok 2 pics rotated 90 degrees. Just cleaned up the tail a bit. All those reflectors & the bracket. Took off the lower fairing thing. Neoprene fork gators. The license is a temporary, real one is on the way.

Last edited:
Looks good. I want to do the reflective red rim tape on my silver/black nc. Just a little touch to make the somewhat boring silver pop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks good. On my silver 2012 and the black 2015 I applied narrow width reflective rim tape in white. Both bikes had Sargent seats with white piping and it pulled together with the NC700X decal on the side cover.

On my silver rims I added silver tape, basically hidden during the day, but lights up like a Tron bike at night when a light source hits!

2016-10-08-19.15.31-web.jpg

Installed October 2016, ride rain or shine, bike left outside except for winter; tape is still in great condition.

I added the red to mine, as well. I love the look of it. Even added the extra to my top case!

Attachments

• IMG_6966.jpg
    IMG_6966.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 126
Looks good, what tape was that?

I used these. 4 precurved sections per side. Went on much straighter than my last tape project where the tape was straight & no applicator so I just winged it & it looked like a drunken ape applied it. My neighbor saw my bike & asked "Are those wheels round?" I laughed. "Yeah it's an optical illusion." At 8mm these were the widest I found. If there's wider ones I didn't see them. Had some leftover when I finished. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LCDMA7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wheel tape can be purchased with a tool that slides against the inside of the rim and keeps the tape at exactly the correct distance from the inside of the rim. That said, when I tried to use it I kept pulling at the tape with too much force and breaking the tape so I ditched the tool and applied it by hand. I have some experience applying pin stripe to other motorcycles and boats so I'm a little further up the learning curve. Best advice is to go slow and stretch the tape a little bit while applying it and apply it lightly a few inches at a time and don't be afraid to pull the last inches back off and try it again. The tape I use is 5mm. Mine came out pretty much round, like the rim.

Lookin sharp Dave and yours too Juan! I purchased a similar wheel tape for mine in blue and have yet to install it, my wheels are still pretty greasy from all of the road grime and excessive chain lube slung all over them haha. I'll have to get them all cleaned up and then apply the wheel tape so it'll stick properly. :{)

Those detailing shots look sharp. Surprising what a little touch of tape and color can do.

Unfortunately, while I’m pretty adept with wrenches, if I started playing around with the detail tape I bet I would somehow end up with square wheels.

Back