• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cleaning plastics on a bike

Paulplex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Here's a closer view of the beak of my NC700X; where water (presumably) drops have left little stains in the surface. Anyone have any tips to restore this to a consistent and clear state?
d6d45eeac235d6aea58b5668468fea61.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

I doubt that the plastic is damaged. I suspect it is just something on the surface.

I use Lucas Slick Mist and everything looks really nice afterwards. I use a clean rag on the windshield, then wipe down the whole bike. Smells good too.

JT

82a03e5b8f4547a241e1c98ef0f000b5.jpg

You can probably wipe down the whole bike with the Honda branded cleaner and polish. It’s basically some solvents and wax, but I think it would work on that matte plastic as well. The stuff comes in an aerosol can, isn’t terribly expensive, and since it has a lot of uses, I keep some on hand.

If those spots are from washing/rinsing the bike with hard water, just be sure to towel it dry before the spots form.

2AEF4A7D-0211-400B-9719-965297DD7A15.jpg

Thanks all; I'm sure there's nothing more than staining on the plastic from hard water - nothing permanent and I'll give these a try to tidy it up!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

If those spots are from washing/rinsing the bike with hard water, just be sure to towel it dry

Or use a leaf blower! Lol

I may try some of the Slick Mist, been looking for a good shining up product. Back in my sportbike days we all used to use Plexus, that stuff was amazing. Used to be like $4-5 for a can....last time I looked to try to buy some it was something stupid like $18-20 per can. I'll pass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Slick Mist is not the best product out there, but it does a good job, is relatively inexpensive, is readily available and a bottle lasts a long time.

I was introduced to it last summer on a bike trip. A friend used it to cut through all the bugs on his windshield after riding through North Dakota at night (almost needed a scraper). It worked better than the Windex I had. With regular use, it leaves a crystal clear waxy coating that helps the bugs lift off. He kept his black and chrome bike shiny every day the whole trip with the Lucas spray. I started borrowing it for my windshield and bought a bottle when we got home.

JT

Or use a leaf blower! Lol

I may try some of the Slick Mist, been looking for a good shining up product. Back in my sportbike days we all used to use Plexus, that stuff was amazing. Used to be like $4-5 for a can....last time I looked to try to buy some it was something stupid like $18-20 per can. I'll pass.

Agree. Based on the latest pricing, Plexus has gotten a bit too proud of their product. I’ve stopped buying it.

Agree. Based on the latest pricing, Plexus has gotten a bit too proud of their product. I’ve stopped buying it.
The marketing tactic behind it baffles me. Huge price hikes like that are not proven to be effective in the long run.

Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. Get it from your dealer or Amazon. Awesome for your bike, car, helmet, etc.....

Another one is household Pledge, regular or lemon scent. Safe to use on the plastics and metal bits, along with your helmet. I bet your wife has it somewhere in the house.

Update: Stopped by the Yamaha shop last week to grab some chain lube, they had a can of Plexus on a shelf near the desk so I asked how much it was.....$30!!! That is insane.

S100 spray on the bike, let it sit a bit, then hose it off. We have hard water so I get some spotting if I don't wipe it down really well but it works great.

Honda sell their own rebranded version of S100, but its the same thing. Hondabrite. Even has the original S100 logo on the bottle. Buy it on line or buy it from the local Honda dealer and support the local shop.

Can be had in various sizes, up to 5 liter size.

Hondabrite => https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Honda-Ho...s=honda+brite&qid=1567519660&s=gateway&sr=8-4

P100 => https://www.amazon.com/S100-12005L-...WE5312MPXXT&psc=1&refRID=3YMQBXDPEWE5312MPXXT

Back