• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

what would you give for a 2013 nc700x?

kalifornia

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking at a 2013 with 31,000miles and no damage to make this simple lets say its bone stock. what would you give for it?

Hey Kali... There are too many variable in the purchase of a used bike for anyone on the forum to give you an absolute answer. Worn brakes will cost money to fix.... Scratches and rust may lower the value.... New tires vs toasted tires.... Who is the owner and is he the type of person who "takes care" of things??? Are there records of maintenance that has been done on the bike? Etc, etc..

In my humble opinion, if you have found a 2012 bike that has been well cared for, runs good, has good tires, with luggage, and the price is around $3200, I would say you've done ok.

Heck, I just paid $2500 for the newest bike on my stable and it's a 2004 model.
>Thom

Btw.... I spent 4 years in SD back in the 70's, causing havoc on a CB400F, my first real street bike. We lived in Chulajuana (south Chula Vista) and I rode to North Island and La Jolla all the time.
>Thom

I paid 3k? forget exactly... for a 12 with a little over 40k on it. Had GVEs in the forks, heated grip, 12v outlet in the frunk, full OEM luggage. And this is in CA, where prices are fairly high.

I picked up my 2013 when it was 3 years old for $3500 with right around 3000 miles on it. It was totally stock. Don’t quote me, but I thought I read someone else talking about a higher number of used nc’s in the Midwest at a lower price.

I paid $5,000 for my 2013 NC that had exactly 5,000 miles after my 12 mile test ride.
It came with OEM side cases, heated grips, cigarette outlet in the frunk, light bar and center stand
That was over 3 years ago now, I traveled 300 miles to pick it up and rode it home

Where are you located? Region has a lot to do with it.

I am from North AL and just drove 2.5 hours to Nashville TN to buy my 2013 NC700X DCT pretty much bone stock with brand new Pilot Road 5 tires on it, 8,300 miles, couple minor scratches here and there. Was listed on Craigslist for $4,200, bought for $3,800. Wasn't much to choose from on the used market here. Dealers that had nice ones were way overpriced, and only found 3 on Craigslist near me. This was the nicest, cheapest one I could find, but I am happy with it. I spent $2,200 on ordering stuff for it last week to get it where I want it. So I've got $6k in it with pretty much every mod I will ever need for it.

I know these things are supposed to be reliable, but I'd figure you could find one with lower miles for close to the same money. Maybe not, all depends on your region's used market I guess. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NADA has low retail for base, 2013 NC700X at $3255...
Retail and market value are often significantly different. The Harley Street Glide I just sold was a good example. I had 2 guys text me at darn near the same time about 2 days after I listed it on Craigslist. I had just gave $15,500 for it a few months before, and listed it for $16k obo to hopefully get that back out of it for a quick sale to pick up an NC. I was texting back and forth with both guys at the same time answering questions. One guy asked all sorts of stuff, asked me to send extra detailed pics, etc, I thought for sure he was gonna buy it. He said "how much bottom dollar cash today?" I simply said I'd really like to stay around $15,500 on it, and after all that he said "that's above retail value, thanks for your time". All I said was "LOL ok, good luck...." and never heard back. Meanwhile the other guy asked if he could come get it the following Wednesday, we settled on $15,300 and he drove 4.5 hours with his wife to pick it up and rode it back home. Lol. I have no idea what the first jackass thought he was gonna buy it for, but I'm very aware of the market value on those particular bikes because I shopped for 2 months before finding/buying that one, and knew I had it priced to sell. The bike was a 2014 with only 7,900 miles. A local Harley dealer had one identical to mine, one year newer, but with 31k miles! Priced at $17,299.

NADA has low retail for base, 2013 NC700X at $3255...

To expand on that, NADA asks for your zip code, so I would assume or hope that the values reflect that of the zone in which the bike is being sold.

Price is also dependent on the motivation of the buyer and seller. A bike is basically worth what the buyer is willing to pay. A gotta-have-it-now buyer might give $4000 for that 2013, while a buyer just browsing might offer $2000 for the same bike. Also a factor is supply and demand. Is the market flooded with used NC700Xs or are they rare and in demand in your area? There are just too many variables to determine a price, but NADA and other services can give you historical average sale prices and offer some guidance.

To answer the original question, I’d offer $1500 for a stock 2013, with 31,000 miles, less if it’s grey instead of red. Why so low? Bikes are cheaper in the Midwest than in California. Plus, I don’t need or want a 2013 NC700X right now. So is that much help? Probably not.

Last edited:
Retail and market value are often significantly different. The Harley Street Glide I just sold was a good example. I had 2 guys text me at darn near the same time about 2 days after I listed it on Craigslist. I had just gave $15,500 for it a few months before, and listed it for $16k obo to hopefully get that back out of it for a quick sale to pick up an NC. I was texting back and forth with both guys at the same time answering questions. One guy asked all sorts of stuff, asked me to send extra detailed pics, etc, I thought for sure he was gonna buy it. He said "how much bottom dollar cash today?" I simply said I'd really like to stay around $15,500 on it, and after all that he said "that's above retail value, thanks for your time". All I said was "LOL ok, good luck...." and never heard back. Meanwhile the other guy asked if he could come get it the following Wednesday, we settled on $15,300 and he drove 4.5 hours with his wife to pick it up and rode it back home. Lol. I have no idea what the first jackass thought he was gonna buy it for, but I'm very aware of the market value on those particular bikes because I shopped for 2 months before finding/buying that one, and knew I had it priced to sell. The bike was a 2014 with only 7,900 miles. A local Harley dealer had one identical to mine, one year newer, but with 31k miles! Priced at $17,299.

OP stated what would we give for a base, stock (our opinions-which I did....) if I was to purchase a used bike, I would never go above low retail value on nada...On a 2013 NC700x, NADA is no different from southern Indiana to San Diego (same at both) for a base, stock.

Back