• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thanks for the messages

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been down for some time now due to AFIB. No fun in the hospital, and the food was awful. I will find out on June 10th if and when I will be able to ride again. If I get an OK and my wife has recovered from her operation, I will be on the road again on June 11th going to the great riding in the Appalachian Mountains, and then over to Virginia. With a little bit of luck!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you and your wife are on the mend, I'm praying you recover completely and quickly

Glad to see you back OCR...was worried about you...You had disappeared for a while and the only thing you had posted in the past few months before the disappearance on your you-tube channel was cemeteries...

Good to hear from you OCR, glad you're feeling up to a few posts and letting us all know what's been happening in your world. Also glad to hear that both you and your wife are recovering, praying that it is a quick one Jim! :{)

Well God Bless America! Great to hear you’re both on the mend! Hope to see a ride video in the coming months.

Great to hear from you again OCR! Post if your going to be riding.. maybe some of us can meet up with you along your route. I have been distracted with grandkids lately myself.

Get better soon my friend!

Great to see You back on here OCR. We were all concerned as You can see from comments and questions asked here and there, in the interim.

I had an attack of something similar to what happened You. It happened me two years ago at the end of four days trail riding. Gave me a bad fright alone in an Hotel room at 5 in the morning. Tests were done and nothing of significance was found. Anyway I made some changes to lifestyle not least giving up alcohol completely and increasing the exercise levels a notch. I also cut back on caffeine. The good bit is that I am still riding offroad (and on of course) and the ticker has had plenty of opportunity to protest again but it hasn't. I still get slight palpitations or occasional ectopic beats after a coffee but I'm not giving that up :D

Hopefully you and Your Wife will be back in action again soon.

Great to see You back on here OCR. We were all concerned as You can see from comments and questions asked here and there, in the interim.

I had an attack of something similar to what happened You. It happened me two years ago at the end of four days trail riding. Gave me a bad fright alone in an Hotel room at 5 in the morning. Tests were done and nothing of significance was found. Anyway I made some changes to lifestyle not least giving up alcohol completely and increasing the exercise levels a notch. I also cut back on caffeine. The good bit is that I am still riding offroad (and on of course) and the ticker has had plenty of opportunity to protest again but it hasn't. I still get slight palpitations or occasional ectopic beats after a coffee but I'm not giving that up :D

Hopefully you and Your Wife will be back in action again soon.

If I can ride again, I plan a trip to Dingle, Ireland. Are motorcycles for rent in Ireland at a decent price? Be about the first few months of 2020 when I hope to ride Ireland....

As for my ancestors in Ireland see YouTube:

Dingle and Marie Antoinette

If I get to go to Ireland to ride, maybe we can meet up....

Hate to hear that about you.

Wondered if we'd hear from you once you made the move to the AT.

I also found out I have AFIB by passing out in the kitchen. Been about 18 months. Wondering how you are dealing with it. What precautions do you plan for riding trips?

I had an ablation last summer and was holding fine until Feb. Had three attacks since then. However, the meds, flecainide, make me feel worse than the AFIB.

Good luck with yours. I was supposed to go to the mountains later this month, but I had another attack Sunday that lasted 25 hours. Decided to pull the plug on the trip. Worrying about it was not helping my situation.

Hate to hear that about you.

Wondered if we'd hear from you once you made the move to the AT.

I also found out I have AFIB by passing out in the kitchen. Been about 18 months. Wondering how you are dealing with it. What precautions do you plan for riding trips?

I had an ablation last summer and was holding fine until Feb. Had three attacks since then. However, the meds, flecainide, make me feel worse than the AFIB.

Good luck with yours. I was supposed to go to the mountains later this month, but I had another attack Sunday that lasted 25 hours. Decided to pull the plug on the trip. Worrying about it was not helping my situation.

I do agree that the meds do make you feel real bad. I ran out of meds for 3 days, man did I feel better. Asked the doctor about this, and he agreed that the meds do make you feel worst.

However, the meds are making your heart better. No one should have to take that many pills per day..
The doctor says the meds are making your heart better. My heart has gone from 60% to 80% over the last 3 months due to those tearable meds. So, we just have to keep taking those horrible meds.

If I can ride again, I plan a trip to Dingle, Ireland. Are motorcycles for rent in Ireland at a decent price? Be about the first few months of 2020 when I hope to ride Ireland....

As for my ancestors in Ireland see YouTube:

Dingle and Marie Antoinette

If I get to go to Ireland to ride, maybe we can meet up....

Sample website for motorcycle hire. I see they have some bikes that would suit. One of them is the CB500X, a little bike that I see in my future as I am leaning towards lighter and smaller as I get older. I see the NC750X is also on the list..........

Rental Rates - Celtic Rider

Dingle peninsula is a beautiful area to ride and visit. Tom Crean who did that amazing sea journey with Ernest Shackleton on the 1914/1917 expedition, came from there and is buried there in a very ancient and interesting graveyard. His pub is still much visited. I passed over Dingle just this weekend on my CRF250L on a trail riding trip. And Yes, I would very much like to meet up with You when you get over here. Its a small country and as such it is no more than a few hours to any part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sample website for motorcycle hire. I see they have some bikes that would suit. One of them is the CB500X, a little bike that I see in my future as I am leaning towards lighter and smaller as I get older. I see the NC750X is also on the list..........

Rental Rates - Celtic Rider

Dingle peninsula is a beautiful area to ride and visit. Tom Crean who did that amazing sea journey with Ernest Shackleton on the 1914/1917 expedition, came from there and is buried there in a very ancient and interesting graveyard. His pub is still much visited. I passed over Dingle just this weekend on my CRF250L on a trail riding trip. And Yes, I would very much like to meet up with You when you get over here. Its a small country and as such it is no more than a few hours to any part.

Thanks for the information. The prices are very much in line. Hope to see you next year................

Hello Jim, I am glad to see you back up again. God bless you and your wife. I hope to catch up with you one of these days!

Glad to hear things are improving. You're in our prayers for continued improvement. The road won't be the same without you riding it. I finally retired and we are settled in near Monteagle, TN which is on the way from your place to Appellations and there will always be a bed available here for you. I'll be riding to Alaska June and July and hope to see you after.

Back