• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picking it up today!

Sherm

Reaction score
Visit site
2012 NC700X. Closed the deal last night, we're meeting up at a mutually agreed place between Las Vegas and Kungman, AZ.
Hope to be active in your group as time goes on. I'm old, but still ride a lot.:)

Welcome to the Ride Sherm, enjoy your new-to-you NC!!! Week after next i'll be coming through 4 corners headed to Page and Ely returning home to ID-HO if that route isn't too far of a ride for you we can meet up if you'd like for coffee, meal or PIE!! :{)

Already a happy owner! Have a little over a hundred miles. Not exactly sure how this

2012 NC700X. Closed the deal last night, we're meeting up at a mutually agreed place between Las Vegas and Kungman, AZ.
Hope to be active in your group as time goes on. I'm old, but still ride a lot.:)
Having a little problem learning how the forum works, but eventually will learn. Been derailing the 2012, read owners manual. Hope to find an on line service manual. I want to tap into a keyed wire to hook up a GPS. Looking for one. I usually go into a tail light wire, but not easy finding an easy place. As time goes on, things will become familiar.

Having a little problem learning how the forum works, but eventually will learn. Been derailing the 2012, read owners manual. Hope to find an on line service manual. I want to tap into a keyed wire to hook up a GPS. Looking for one. I usually go into a tail light wire, but not easy finding an easy place. As time goes on, things will become familiar.
I haven't found a decent online service manual but if your looking for an answer to a specific question you can usually find that online and if not, ask here on the forum and someone will happily help out.

Congratulations on the new to you motorcycle I think you'll be happy with how simple maintenance and farkling is on the NC

If you post a link to an online manual it'll most likely be taken down - due to copyright issues.

When I googled "NC700X Wiring Diagram" and clicked on images, the first option was a diagram for an NC750XD. While not identical, I suspect most of it applies. It's on this site, I'll post the image here too. NC750XD wiring diagram color high resolution but it appears to have some mistakes, or things have changed - these bikes generally use 3 wire front turn signals while the image shows 2 wire. In this diagram it appears that pink/blue wires are on whenever ignition is on, but I don't know if that's accurate. Additionally, it appears that green is ground.

oMX0PDG.jpg

be warned that the image search will turn up lots of other diagrams that might initially appear to be labeled NC700X when they're entirely unrelated.

If you post a link to an online manual it'll most likely be taken down - due to copyright issues.

When I googled "NC700X Wiring Diagram" and clicked on images, the first option was a diagram for an NC750XD. While not identical, I suspect most of it applies. It's on this site, I'll post the image here too. NC750XD wiring diagram color high resolution but it appears to have some mistakes, or things have changed - these bikes generally use 3 wire front turn signals while the image shows 2 wire. In this diagram it appears that pink/blue wires are on whenever ignition is on, but I don't know if that's accurate. Additionally, it appears that green is ground.

That diagram also includes a position light which US models do not have. I suspect it’s a diagram for Europe, Australia, or who knows where.

On US models I have seen the wiring change slightly from year to year, so one would need to be careful what exact schematic they are viewing.

I too am looking for a wire to tap into that is key on-power on and key off power off. I am presumptuously going to use one of the front turn signal/running light wires. That should give me enough power to run a relay for other accessories that i want to then run off of the relay. Just a thought. :{)

I'm a little out of the way. Hwy 93 and I-40 is where Kingman is. I plan on riding up to the Moki Dugway on May 20th, and cruise around that area for a couple of days. Always enjoy company if you're ever close. I'm still trying to figure out how to add a picture to my profile. And, have a question about a wire to hook up a GPS. This forum is a little different than anything I've used, so it will take a while to get it figured out. Lots of areas, for sure!

That would be easy to access. But, what happens when you use the turn signal...on/off, on/off, etc. Or, is there uninterrupted power going to them?

I too am looking for a wire to tap into that is key on-power on and key off power off. I am presumptuously going to use one of the front turn signal/running light wires. That should give me enough power to run a relay for other accessories that i want to then run off of the relay. Just a thought. :{)

Remember that the front running goes turns off while the turn signal is flashing. If you just need to charge batteries off the lead, the interruption in power probably would not be a problem.

Use the accessory harness plug on the left side under the plastics. It has both constant power and switched power.
I bought the harness for about $10 IIRC. it breaks the big plug into separate circuits used for Honda accessories like heated grips, 12v outlet, etc. it either came with a relay or I bought that on the same order for not much money.

JT

Bringing these quotes over from another unrelated thread:

I would just like to find a keyed wire to tap into for a GPS. Can anyone tell me an easy one to get to? I usually tap into the tail light circuit, but not sure how to route a lead to it. And...not even sure how to get to the tail light connections. Thanks in advance.
Sherm - (new owner)

Under the left side plastics there is an “accessory connector ‘. It has constant and keyed circuits. Get the accessory harness and relay from Honda. The price for the harness and relay is quite reasonable. The relay plugs right into the fuse panel.

The harness part number is different for a ‘12 than for ‘13 - ‘15. The ‘12 has more circuits available. I think the relay is the same.

JT

What JT said. The neatest, proper way to gain switched accessory power is to buy the Honda accessory harness and relay, the use mating electrical connectors to hook up your accessory device power lead. The mating connectors are detailed here: Corresponding connectors
For the 2012 model, the accessory harness will also provide a high beam signal to trigger brightness levels on auxiliary lights, should you desire that in the future.

The accessory harness and relay installation is shown here: https://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08V71-MGS-A30.pdf
Just ignore the part about installing the 12 volt socket. The Honda 12 volt socket accessory is a joke because it’s fused at a nearly useless 1 amp and the fuse is hidden under the body panel if you install it per the directions.

An an alternative for power distribution would be a Fuzeblock, where you can neatly have multiple fused circuits for accessories, some switched and some constant. Welcome to Fuzeblocks - Out Stuff blows so yours doesn't

And then there is alway just hacking into the taillight wire, but that would be my least favorable choice, for several reasons.

Last edited:
This is the part number for the relay set 670cc mentioned: 08A70-MGS-D30 (HO PM1 NC7 RELAY SET)
After buying the relay and accessory harness, I'd suggest just buying the relay at about $10 US and using the 6 pin harness connector to plug into. The accessory harness is expensive for what it is.
I used this guy Motorcycle 2.8mm - 110 Connector and Terminals
to source my bits from to power my GPS & an aftermarket frunk plug.

Last edited:
Sorry i missed ya Sherm! That was a great ride and the Moki is on my list of roads to ride, highly recommended as well as the Bear tooth highway and the Chief Joseph i'm told by the Tewster! :{)

Back