• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Laid her down

rippin209

Reaction score
Visit site
So I went down on my NC.
Around 25mph or so I locked up my front tire and went down.
59cfbcf9afd3abc70980bde263ab34d1.jpg
1b073b3ceb97dca6e6b115a378c2f6c4.jpg
623ab934bc3b7898886bf8234ce46b6e.jpg
32fff12dd21028affa6362241c3bcd76.jpg

My NC came out much better then I did, I slid into a solid stationary object that brought me to a complete stop rib cage first, I busted 13 ribs with 11 being on my right side and lacerated my kidney and lacerated my liver and collapsed the right side of my lung.
Out of the hospital now with a liver infection and my busted ribs mending.

I was wearing a full face helmet and riding jacket

Last edited:
Damn Honda for not installing ABS on all these bikes!
While I would have loved that as at least an option with the manual transmission, I just put on my first set of Shinko 705's front and back and never practiced panic stopping with them, I'm used to PR4's so very different handling

Most riders if given the choice on optional (extra cost) ABS will not choose it.

And as a side note, the term "I laid her down" makes it sound as if you had a choice when in reality you didn't. I taught MSF classes for 16 years and I'd cringe every time a student said that as a rationale for his crash.

I hope you get over your injuries soon. :)

Sorry about the bike man. Hope you heal quickly.
The bikes not bad, the handlebars are probably the worst of it, I think the shifter mount can be cleaned out and rethreaded one size larger bolt and remounted (we'll see about that later, I've already bought the replacement foot pegs (broke one) that was only $10, as for myself I'm on the mend and doing what I can to heal as quickly as possible, at the moment that's just taking it easy

Speaking of the handlebars can anyone take as exact as possible measurements of the handlebars, no real rush I'm not ordering it tomorrow but I'm having a hard time finding the size of the handlebars online (without some uncertainty) just want to be sure I'm ordering the correct size. I need the size of each segment individually and the measurement fully across from one end to the other (not including the bar end weights)

Hey Rip - sorry to hear about all this. I know your pain, last August I had a similar accident with a jackass running a red light in front of me. Broken ribs, shoulder, hip and foot. The ribs were by far the worst part!!

I fixed my bike myself and bought most of the parts from 2013 Honda NC700X AC OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse

The price was extremely fair and easy to buy what I needed. I had to replace everything on the left side of the bike.

Let me know if you run into any issues and I might be able to tell you what/how I fixed it.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Rip - sorry to hear about all this. I know your pain, last August I had a similar accident with a jackass running a red light in front of me. Broken ribs, shoulder, hip and foot. The ribs were by far the worst part!!

I fixed my bike myself and bought most of the parts from 2013 Honda NC700X AC OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse

The price was extremely fair and easy to buy what I needed. I had to replace everything on the left side of the bike.

Let me know if you run into any issues and I might be able to tell you what/how I fixed it.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark, I was trying to get the specific measurements on the handlebars because I was thinking of getting a set of bars that were an inch taller (higher, or closer to me the rider) instead of using the or in addition to the riser I have already

Back