• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Odometer not showing actual miles

Gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, here is a head scratcher. First I checked no recalls
2013 NC700X
I haven't ridden the bike in 2 years. don't ask, long story. It's been sitting in a friends garage. of course the battery died. I've decided to sell it because I won't be riding it this year either.
Saturday (2 days ago) I put a new battery in it. fired it up. set the clock and took it for a ride. Runs fantastic! Here is the weird thing. The odometer is reading 1745 miles. I know it has about 5200 miles on it.
Any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix it?

Did you scroll through the odometer choices to be sure your not seeing TRIP A or TRIP B vs total miles ????????

Yes I should have said that. Trip A and B both read 52 miles, which I think was correct. I reset the trip meters to 0.

And you're showing miles and not in km? Although that'd be a bigger number of course!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

I always did think of my bike as a time machine.

Have ya checked the calendar lately :confused::rolleyes:

Hey Gunner, that is perplexing for sure and for certain. When i bought my 2012 it only had 1702 miles on it yet and the original owner had also just put a new battery in it. I never gave it another thought until you mentioned it, but the tires on mine both showed low tread with the rear wearing out in just another 2k miles. It may have been nothing, but an interesting thought nonetheless...
:{)

Back