• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sprokets (not interest in JT)

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
I want to pre-emptively grab a front and rear sprocket for the 2014 NC700 DCT. I have previously tried the JT sprockets and the rear didnt even last 3000 miles before the teeth were worn and deformed. To the point the chain came off, luckily at a coasting speed of about 15 mph. I am looking at a couple others right now, and would love some input on some heavier duty sprockets besides the JT. I was tring to find a better list here, but too many vague references, and most just point to JT.

Superlite Steel Rear Sprocket - SUPERLITE (#10509R) RS7 Series 520 Pitch Steel Rear Sprocket
SUNSTAR (#3490) 520 Pitch Steel Rear Sprocket

If there are heavier duty, I'd love to hear more. Again, though, I will not be getting JT.

was the rear you used before steel or aluminum? even aluminum that's incredibly fast on a bike that makes as little power as an NC.

Any reason not to go with the Honda OEM rear sprocket? I have almost 40,000 miles on my original rear sprocket and I don’t visually detect any wear. I expect to leave it on at least until I’m past 50,000 miles.

I looked at an OEM rear sprocket and didn’t see a brand name on it. I think a lot of OEM sprockets are Sunstar. Honda uses Sunstar brake disks on the NC.

The NC I have offered for sale has a Superlite on it. It hasn’t been there long enough to know how long it will last, but I know it’s over 3000 miles now.

Last edited:
After the death of the JT, I went back to the my original OEM because I still had it in the garage - it's still on the bike now with 27k miles. I just wanted to have something on hand, so it isn't a last minute or holds me up from a trip. I havent looked up the PN for the OEM sprocket yet - service manual is at home.

I just dont know if I can trust JT, because it threw the chain on the way home from RDV after being on the road for 7 hours. I was way lucky it came off at 15mph and not 70 or 80.

Go back to OEM...I still have OEM sprockets on mine (50,000+ miles) and last week when I replaced the rear tire, I couldn't detect visually any changes from the old from the new sprockets I have in waiting-on my 3rd chain now..

BikeBandit has the OEM Rear sprocket for $52 and the OEM front sprocket for $46

Last edited:
OEM rear 39T is $44.90 at pro caliber. Spend $99 to get free shipping.

[...I havent looked up the PN for the OEM sprocket yet - service manual is at home...Deckyon"]

The Honda Svc Manuals have never had the P/Ns. They are mainly for specs and procedures.

+1 on using the standard Honda sprockets. Many times, aftermarket stuff is inferior the the original Honda parts.

I want to pre-emptively grab a front and rear sprocket for the 2014 NC700 DCT. I have previously tried the JT sprockets and the rear didnt even last 3000 miles before the teeth were worn and deformed. To the point the chain came off, luckily at a coasting speed of about 15 mph. I am looking at a couple others right now, and would love some input on some heavier duty sprockets besides the JT. I was tring to find a better list here, but too many vague references, and most just point to JT.

Superlite Steel Rear Sprocket - SUPERLITE (#10509R) RS7 Series 520 Pitch Steel Rear Sprocket
SUNSTAR (#3490) 520 Pitch Steel Rear Sprocket

If there are heavier duty, I'd love to hear more. Again, though, I will not be getting JT.

Although it lists the bike as an NC700 w/DCT, the Sprocket Center Sunstar link from your post shows a choice of 41 or 43 teeth, neither of which is the correct stock 39T size for that model.

Although it lists the bike as an NC700 w/DCT, the Sprocket Center Sunstar link from your post shows a choice of 41 or 43 teeth, neither of which is the correct stock 39T size for that model.
If you look at the kit 520 Chain Kit - JT Steel Sprockets with Choice of Chain - NC700 (DCT models) - NC 700 (all models) w/ DCT Transmission 2012-2017 - Honda - STREET rather than the sprocket alone, they list a 39T and state that it's OEM. However, I question the availability - looking on other web sites, Sunstar only appears to sell a 41 and a 43 for the NC700.

I also HATED the JT chain I had on the NCX. I didn't hate the JT sprocket that much, but I can sympathize with _not_ using JT.
I've been happy with Honda sprockets.
I have a set of Superlites (which I think is still an AFAM name, isn't it?) on the way now, along with a new chain. I'll be happy to report on it once it's here and on, but that doesn't help you with ordering now.

I also HATED the JT chain I had on the NCX. I didn't hate the JT sprocket that much, but I can sympathize with _not_ using JT.
I've been happy with Honda sprockets.
I have a set of Superlites (which I think is still an AFAM name, isn't it?) on the way now, along with a new chain. I'll be happy to report on it once it's here and on, but that doesn't help you with ordering now.

Yep, I tried a JT chain and never again, got 4000 miles and it kinked in multiple places..also did a DID chain, it lasted 9,000 miles.. Now on a EK chain, 5000+ miles and looking good so far...also switched to lucas chain lube for this one...and only a light cleaning with toothbrush and water (with dawn dish soap)...

I have 40,000 miles on stock sprockets. Replacing chain (20,000 miles on old one) and figured I would replace both sprockets and cush drive as long as I had things apart. Spent a long time online and calling trying to find Honda rear sprocket. Not available from Honda, dealer can not even place backorder. Ended up ordering a JT as there are not many options for 39 tooth.

I've changed my sprockets so much because of playing with tooth count I've got just under 90,000 miles and haven't had any sprocket be worn out but I've gone through more then a few chains, JT died quickly, the first D.I.D. I installed was a cheap model and lasted 14,000 miles or so, the best I've used was the VX2.
My current rear sprocket is a superlight (I like the way it looks) and my front sprocket is a JT

Back