• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Products you'd recommend and ones you wouldn't

rippin209

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the most helpful and civil forum I've seen so I figured this post could exist without problems but if I'm wrong I'm sure the admin will shut it down.

I'm optimistic that we can help each other with pros and cons of products that we've personally tried, especially if they're not the most common.

You know how when you get a new helmet it new visor the anti fog coating works pretty well and then 4 to 6 months if regular use it's not so good but still works if you do certain things then by a year it's not there at all.
I got this stuff a couple months ago and I've only applied it once and it's still working perfectly, now if I can find a rain off for the outside visor (can you use standard rain off on a visor?) I'll be set, visibility is my biggest issue with riding in the rain or fog so I'm glad I found this, after multiple home brew attempts and a couple off the shelves (including one that made my visor presently fogged over after months of use and multiple applications)

Jaws Quick Spit Antifog Spray,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012Q2S4W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Rain X has a version for plastic now. The original formula would cloud the visor, wasn't for plastics.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rain X has a version for plastic now. The original formula would cloud the visor, wasn't for plastics.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yeah learned that the hard way [emoji28][emoji23]
Worked well for awhile

Stuff I wish I had not bought:

- Cheap hand guards. Finally bit the bullet and bought the Barkbuster Storms after trying the cheap clear Chinese windguards, the Givi guards, and the Aceris. Should have just gone with BB’s first and ultimately saved some money overall.

- Cheap highway pegs. I bought the cheap “fold out spikey looking” pegs. My problem is I have a SW Motech engine guard and its diameter (25mm) is incompatible with most clamps out there. So I didn’t really have a lot of choices, but these aren’t very good.

Stuff I’m glad I bought:

- Oxford Heated Grips.
- Innov Power hub.
- Hyperlites break light.
- Kriss headlight modulator.
- Dale’s “gashole” rear rack.
- Givi E30 monolock top case - big enough for my Schuberth C3 pro xl plus a little more, but small enough not to dominate the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just about every single product I purchase has online reviews already. Typically right next to the "add to cart" button ;-)

The spit anti fog stuff has almost 4,000 reviews and they are overwhelmingly positive. Joe Random on a forum might like a product or not, and the value of his/her single opinion isn't all that important.

If on the other hand, 4,000 people like it, then that has valuable to me.

How would someone even search on here for a product review??

Just about every single product I purchase has online reviews already. Typically right next to the "add to cart" button ;-)

The spit anti fog stuff has almost 4,000 reviews and they are overwhelmingly positive. Joe Random on a forum might like a product or not, and the value of his/her single opinion isn't all that important.

If on the other hand, 4,000 people like it, then that has valuable to me.

How would someone even search on here for a product review??
While both statements are mostly accurate, you don't know what you don't know, until you know.
I'd never heard of the jaw spit stuff in any motorcycle circles and it's marketed towards divers, after scanning a hundred reviews a handful were from motorcycle riders. I can tell you after first applying it I was riding my motorcycle in the upper 20's Fahrenheit and was breathing hard trying to fog it up and the most I got was a handful of droplets on the bottom center of my visor.
Secondly through the contributions and comments from the members on here I'd weigh recommendations accordingly, this being a NC forum most on here are informed and practical people.

I do scan and read reviews but you have to know what to look for in the first place, some of us don't know anyone else that rides, I know one person that rides on a mostly regular bases and I'm the one teaching him, I know there are people on here that know more then me and from time to time they share a specific nugget of wisdom, I'm trying to spark that into more of a list easily available to those that didn't catch a single specific thread that could have been posted years ago at this point

While both statements are mostly accurate, you don't know what you don't know, until you know.
I totally get the idea but...

Since like you said, you don't know what you don't know, I would have to read every single post in this thread. Why? Because I don't even know what I'm searching for ;-)

If the thread catches on, there could be a LOT of posts to read through (think "what did you do with your NC today" as an example).

I never heard of an Innov Power Plug and have no idea what it does...But Greg C like it. Is that useful information? Maybe to someone. I wouldn't even know to search for it...

A month later (and four pages into the thread) Stratuner posts that his Innov Power Plug is a piece of junk.....

I'm then back at square one ;-)

Sounds like you want a database of products with reviews from NC owners. That is a great idea. My point is that this platform (a discussion forum) makes for the world's worst searchable database. Your idea is a good one, and I'm not knocking it, but implementing it via a discussion forum using one long thread and (perhaps) a hundred of individual posts to sift through will probably make it unusable for many since there is no way to group similar products.

Could make for good reading during the Winter though ;-)

Last edited:
I totally get the idea but...

Since like you said, you don't know what you don't know, I would have to read every single post in this thread. Why? Because I don't even know what I'm searching for ;-)

If the thread catches on, there could be a LOT of posts to read through (think "what did you do with your NC today" as an example).

I never heard of an Innov Power Plug and have no idea what it does...But Greg C like it. Is that useful information? Maybe to someone. I wouldn't even know to search for it...

A month later (and four pages into the thread) Stratuner posts that his Innov Power Plug is a piece of junk.....

I'm then back at square one ;-)

Sounds like you want a database of products with reviews from NC owners. That is a great idea. My point is that this platform (a discussion forum) makes for the world's worst searchable database. Your idea is a good one, and I'm not knocking it, but implementing it via a discussion forum using one long thread and (perhaps) a hundred of individual posts to sift through will probably make it unusable for many since there is no way to group similar products.

Could make for good reading during the Winter though ;-)
I hadn't thought about the thread getting long enough to be a problem, the example of "what you did today" thread really hit home

Pinlock for the visor fog thing. I never have it with mine.
Sena for music while riding.
Wind screen to push the air up so I can hear my Sena.
Top box to hold, well, stuff.

Things to not bother with?
Sorry, can't help you there.
Never made a bad investment. :p

Skene Photon Blasters. Stupid name and a great product. A small device about the size of your thumb that increases your visibility/conspicuity to others. When the light output from the device is presented to another driver's peripheral vision, it flashes or flickers. When one looks at it straight on it appears to be a steady light output. Very bright. Substantially reduces the amount of folks that even think about pulling out in front of you, in my experience. Best purchase I've ever made for a motorcycle.

I can recommend PIAA LED driving lights. They make a proper driving light pattern, they offer excellent illumination, and they draw little power. Only detractor for me is that the light is distinctly blue.

Back