• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand

OhioDeere

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought an 14' new from dealer and it never had a center stand.. is this common? I''ve had issues in the past with new bikes where the dealer didn't install everything in the box. thinking I can pick one up on Fleebay? looks like a kit is ~$129?

Blame mother Honda for making you pay extra for the center stand. Expect to pay between $107 and $120 for the OEM accessory kit. MSRP is $150, but Honda NC700X accessories should always found be discounted 20-30% somewhere.

Look on webike.com for a centerstand. Around $75 I believe. If you plan on lowering the bike get the 700 S centerstand as it is a little shorter and will be easier to put up on the stand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Some had problem with seizing up of the honda centerstand eventually.Plus its expensive.I boought the sw motech on ebay for aprx 200 dollars, but its quality is exquisit. You can find also on the same site some no name centerstands for around 80 bucks ,but with unknown quality.It helped me tremendous with the maintenance. I changed my fork oil,took out and reinstalled refurbished rear shock ,changed front and rear tire etc etc all impossible to do without support.Plus it prevents the rear shock spring from fatigue,having to carry day and night all this weight.Dont forget to extra lube its spring after you installed the stand.Before purchase check if the centerstand is in the way of your skid plate. if you have one installed maybe it will need modifications.i did this with the help of a blacksmith.Hope i helped.

opted for the OEM center stand. So far I've used it 1x, the first time. The C-S is even kind of awkward to pop up. But if you plan to do your own basic maintenance a cheap lift will cost about the same and this one is portable. haven't tested this bike but on others I can usually get another 2" with a solid block of wood under the centerstand for tire work.

haven't tested this bike but on others I can usually get another 2" with a solid block of wood under the centerstand for tire work.

No need for a block of wood on the NC. The tires can be removed easily without doing that. I wouldn't take both off at one time while on the center stand but you can and I have. Just not real safe unless you have ratchet strapped the center stand in a way it cannot collapse.

The vast majority of the NC700S centerstands priced under $150, I found on Ebay were Made in China and I've had less than good luck buying stuff from that country. And sometimes the item ordered never arrives!

The vast majority of the NC700S centerstands priced under $150, I found on Ebay were Made in China and I've had less than good luck buying stuff from that country. And sometimes the item ordered never arrives!
Webike is in Japan. I believe that their centerstands are OEM. I have two and both were good quality.

No need for a block of wood on the NC. The tires can be removed easily without doing that. I wouldn't take both off at one time while on the center stand but you can and I have. Just not real safe unless you have ratchet strapped the center stand in a way it cannot collapse.

Thanks. I see that now as (try) I put on a new "one size fits all" silencer :p. If bike needs both tires off or susp work I have the regular shop stand and 4 tie downs that can hang off some load bearing hooks. guess I'm used to my dual purpose and dirt bikes. couldn't get the tires off my last (ktm) unless it was on the stand and the stand was on top of a 4" thick pallet.

General Work Stand Question;

I don't have the centre stand and I will eventually get one.

Can a NC be lifted with a hydraulic floor jack with a flat rubber adaptor under either the sump of the motor or where the centre stand attaches with a block of wood under where the tabs are on the frame? Maybe even notching the wood for the tabs?

I have looked a paddock stands but thats just another thing to store.

Thanks

General Work Stand Question;

I don't have the centre stand and I will eventually get one.

Can a NC be lifted with a hydraulic floor jack with a flat rubber adaptor under either the sump of the motor or where the centre stand attaches with a block of wood under where the tabs are on the frame? Maybe even notching the wood for the tabs?

I have looked a paddock stands but thats just another thing to store.

Thanks

It can be jacked up by whatever means you can figure out, however, safety and security will be up to you to weigh out. I ordered an oem center stand from procaliber.com for $120. Waiting on it to come in the mail. Seemed to be the best, cheapest option for me. No storing stands like you mentioned, 2 stands (front and rear) generally cost more than the oem Honda center stand, easy to pop it up on the center stand to lube chain, remove wheels as stated before, even both at the same time by propping something under the front of the engine, etc. It just seemed like the handiest option to me. My bike was lowered when I bought it a couple weeks ago, so I am going to raise it back to oem ride height as soon as I get the center stand in and mounted. It is lowered by lowering links on rear shock and the front forks are slipped up through the triple trees about an inch. With the center stand and something propped up under the engine, I will be able to replace the lowering links with the oem dogbones on the rear shock and also be able to slip the front forks back down through the triple trees, all while on the center stand. A standard front paddock stand that picks up by the bottom of the front forks would not allow me to do that.

"With the center stand and something propped up under the engine, I will be able to replace the lowering links with the oem dogbones on the rear shock and also be able to slip the front forks back down through the triple trees, all while on the center stand."

You can replace the dog bones in about 20 to 30 minutes with the help of someone. I had my wife help me. DO NOT PUT IT ON THE CENTERSTAND. Put the side stand/kick stand down. Remove the nuts from the bolts of the dog bones. Then have the 2nd person tilt the bike up on the kickstand to where the only points touching the ground are the front tire and the kickstand. Then lower the rear tire back onto the ground while you try to remove the bolts from the dog bones. Doing this unloads the suspension and as it is lowered it will start to load suspension up again. Somewhere during this the bolts will be loose and you can push them out with your fingers. Once removed then position OEM bones and have person tilt bike again and put bolts back in. Lower bike and put nuts back on and torque to proper spec. Took me 20 minutes the first time I did it. To put forks back in stock form a 2x4 on a floor Jack under the fron of the engine while someone balances the bike then loosen one tube in the triple tree and let it slide down to where you want it.
When putting the spring on the centerstand use a winch strap to lengthen it to hook it up. Just attach one end of the strap to a car parked behind bike or some other non moveable object.
Happy Riding
Guy

It can be jacked up by whatever means you can figure out, however, safety and security will be up to you to weigh out. I ordered an oem center stand from procaliber.com for $120. Waiting on it to come in the mail. Seemed to be the best, cheapest option for me. No storing stands like you mentioned, 2 stands (front and rear) generally cost more than the oem Honda center stand, easy to pop it up on the center stand to lube chain, remove wheels as stated before, even both at the same time by propping something under the front of the engine, etc. It just seemed like the handiest option to me. My bike was lowered when I bought it a couple weeks ago, so I am going to raise it back to oem ride height as soon as I get the center stand in and mounted. It is lowered by lowering links on rear shock and the front forks are slipped up through the triple trees about an inch. With the center stand and something propped up under the engine, I will be able to replace the lowering links with the oem dogbones on the rear shock and also be able to slip the front forks back down through the triple trees, all while on the center stand. A standard front paddock stand that picks up by the bottom of the front forks would not allow me to do that.

Thanks for the reply. I looked up ProCaliber and they have great prices. They offer free shipping but I'm not sure that applies to Canada. I have emailed them to find out.
Safety is always paramount. I've been on the bottom side of a few dirt bikes (while riding) and I don't intend to be under a 485 pound NC750 in my garage!

"With the center stand and something propped up under the engine, I will be able to replace the lowering links with the oem dogbones on the rear shock and also be able to slip the front forks back down through the triple trees, all while on the center stand."

You can replace the dog bones in about 20 to 30 minutes with the help of someone. I had my wife help me. DO NOT PUT IT ON THE CENTERSTAND. Put the side stand/kick stand down. Remove the nuts from the bolts of the dog bones. Then have the 2nd person tilt the bike up on the kickstand to where the only points touching the ground are the front tire and the kickstand. Then lower the rear tire back onto the ground while you try to remove the bolts from the dog bones. Doing this unloads the suspension and as it is lowered it will start to load suspension up again. Somewhere during this the bolts will be loose and you can push them out with your fingers. Once removed then position OEM bones and have person tilt bike again and put bolts back in. Lower bike and put nuts back on and torque to proper spec. Took me 20 minutes the first time I did it. To put forks back in stock form a 2x4 on a floor Jack under the fron of the engine while someone balances the bike then loosen one tube in the triple tree and let it slide down to where you want it.
When putting the spring on the centerstand use a winch strap to lengthen it to hook it up. Just attach one end of the strap to a car parked behind bike or some other non moveable object.
Happy Riding
Guy

Thanks for the info. I won't have any issue raising it back to height. The center stand spring, however, I am unfamiliar with it enough to not fully understand what you are talking about with the winch strap tip. I'm sure I can figure it out though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I won't have any issue raising it back to height. The center stand spring, however, I am unfamiliar with it enough to not fully understand what you are talking about with the winch strap tip. I'm sure I can figure it out though.

It has a strong spring to retract the Centerstand when not deployed. This needs to be tensioned and hooked on a certain spot. A big pair of channel lock pliers and muscle can get it done but if you aren't 6'3" 240 pounds and muscular you are going to have problems. Easy way is to attach a winch strap and winch to lengthen and attach the spring using the mechanical advantage of the winch strap instead of struggling to do it yourself.
If you are used to working on your bikes I am sure you will see what I am talking about when you get there.

It has a strong spring to retract the Centerstand when not deployed. This needs to be tensioned and hooked on a certain spot. A big pair of channel lock pliers and muscle can get it done but if you aren't 6'3" 240 pounds and muscular you are going to have problems. Easy way is to attach a winch strap and winch to lengthen and attach the spring using the mechanical advantage of the winch strap instead of struggling to do it yourself.
If you are used to working on your bikes I am sure you will see what I am talking about when you get there.

I'm 6'1" 225 and worked on all my toys for several years, but am short of winches and winch straps since I sold my rock crawler a few years ago Lol!

I will try the muscle route first. If that doesn't work, I'll have to take a beer break and form a plan B.

ProCaliber emailed me back and they do not offer free shipping or any shipping to Canada. Called my Honda Dealer and they wanted 256.00 plus tax. That's about 300.00 CDN. Found a US Ebay seller for 131 plus 13 shipping and 22 duties and taxes (USD) which converts to 232.00 CDN funds. I'm ok with that. Part number 08m70-mgs-a30.

Also the dealer said the part number is changed to 08m70-mgs-c80. And from what he says it's still the same stand that fits all models.

So now I wait for my stand to arrive.

Back