• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box?

SharpEye

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all,

I have been searching how to connect universal auxiliary lights to fuse box, so when the ignition is off, they don't work. I already connected the lights directly to the battery but I would like the otherwise.

Could you provide detailed steps if possible? YouTube doesn't show me anything on this :/

thanks a lot.

Snapseed 2 copy.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the accessory harness you could hook up to that and it's powered off when the ignition is off

I bought my motorcycle used and the previous owner had installed the OEM heated grips, so it already had the Honda accessory harness.
adefc90c44cf27f6f404a5ea2841df05.jpg
e7904582a7fe0f1e0f829925c6922e3f.jpg

Just as an example the red circle is the cigarette outlet option, the blue is the inline fuse. The green is the part your looking for, the pig tail that goes from the the bikes stock fuse block, from a single line to 4 outlets. I've got my OEM heated grips and my auxiliary lights hooked up to this and it works perfectly.

There is other posts that have links to websites that sale connectors that work perfectly, I lucked out and happened to have the exact same connector on hand already.

Good luck

Last edited:
I know your trying to have keyed power but on a related note I installed this fuse block

GXG-1987 Mini 4 Way Blade Fuse Box Holder APM ATM 5A 10A 25A for Car Boat Marine Trike https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG5W9LS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MzeFCbXPD8DP6

For my USB/cigarette outlet and my light inside my frunk.
I plan on installing a plug for heated gear, it will be through this as well

I installed this in the false tank area next to the frunk on the left hand
0ee5d57f70ce384ccaa4232af6d8a054.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks that's good information 209 I'm assuming you have to take plastic off the side
Yes and that itself is a time consuming project but simple, just take your time and don't lose any fasteners

thanks a lot for all this information. I was expecting a little easier process... Not sure if I want to take all these plastics off of the bike but who knows, I may give it a try soon. Gotta get the equipment together.
what kind of tools I should have with me just in case?

thanks a lot for all this information. I was expecting a little easier process... Not sure if I want to take all these plastics off of the bike but who knows, I may give it a try soon. Gotta get the equipment together.
what kind of tools I should have with me just in case?

If photos and videos are your thing, there is some useful plastics removal information in this thread: Pictorial for removing panels

To remove the left side plastics, you would only need a cross-point screwdriver and a hex wrench, but the task requires patience, organization, and close attention to detail, especially if you want to reassemble it correctly. If you need help operating the plastic body clips, consult your owner's manual.

You can also buy the Honda service manual to walk you through the body panel removal. I have absolutely no patience for the typical poorly made drawn out youtube videos, so I prefer illustrations. In the absence of a service manual, consult the directions for installing the accessory harness, which illustrates plastics removal here: https://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/contents/20121101095123_3291.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this! Will definitely check it out.
[emoji847][emoji847]

Last edited:
Thanks, I too am looking to relocate my power accessories to key/on key/off power. Appreciate the helpful tips and links!! :{)

When I was asking questions about wiring up my auxiliary lights others on the forum pointed out the vehicles of keyed on/off power, the best example for me was someone walking by could turn on your lights, or you could forget to turn them off if they had power all the time.

But for the power accessories inside my frunk (led light, cigarette outlet and dual USB outlets) I chose to have those powered all the time. I use the led inside my frunk almost exclusively when my motorcycle is off, as for the others I like the option to charge stuff when I stop for a break

To add to the conversation I'm adding fog lights for the first time. After reading this I ordered the sub harness, do I need the relay set too? Also, anyone know the name of the connector on the sub harness? I need to grab a few to hook up the light harness and my heated grips.

To add to the conversation I'm adding fog lights for the first time. After reading this I ordered the sub harness, do I need the relay set too? Also, anyone know the name of the connector on the sub harness? I need to grab a few to hook up the light harness and my heated grips.

You do need to order the Honda relay set to go along with the harness. Honda likes to require multiple items be purchased to achieve one function, as if to hide the true cost. As for the connectors, here is a thread with connector info. I have bought and used the mentioned connectors, but I don’t know if they’re still available from that source. Corresponding connectors

Back