• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

When I like NC750x but my wife like a car - This is the solution

THANGA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm a new member. I live in Vietnam. My English is not very good, if I am wrong in grammar, please forgive me.
I enjoyed traveling by motorbike. In my country, motorcycles are the most used vehicle. My wife does not like to sit behind the motorcycle because her *** is pain when sitting behind my bike for a long time. We quarreled just because I traveled by motorbike without her. So I planned, making my NC750X into a sidecar. I spent 8 months with my colleagues to complete this sidecar. I added the reverse gear to my sidecar.
The clip of my wife and I made a 1000km trip in 2.5 days. She is more comfortable and relaxed than a normal car because she can lie comfortably in my sidecar.
Finally, my country is very beautiful, a paradise for those who want to travel by motorbike like me. If you have a chance, invite you to Vietnam
[video=youtube_share;gPCclYD2pxc]https://youtu.be/gPCclYD2pxc[/video]

Last edited:
Welcome THANGA, and awesome job accommodating your beautiful wife! Really nice work on the video as well. My wife won’t get on my bike, so when I go for rides long, or short, it’s solo.

Incredible! What beauty.

I've thought about getting a sidecar myself, but I thought I might need to get a bigger bike first. Once again I am wrong!

Welcome to the ride Thanga! I am no stranger to a little fabrication project now and then, but WOW, what an incredible fabrication job and beautiful results! From her smile, i'd say you won her over!!
:{)

I installed an engine on the side of the car, used to get back and support when bogged down. This motor has 3 forward and 1 reverse gear, it can operate simultaneously or independently of the main motor.

20180717_124239 - Copy.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
This is the image when running the test
4.jpg
Next I made the composite bodykit
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

After the NC750X becomes the sidecar, its weight is about 120-130kg more. When my wife sat in car, I could go 100km/h (the quality of roads in Vietnam is not good to go faster, the highway here is only for cars). Fuel consumption is about 5l/100km
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg

Sidecar build

This was fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.
After the NC750X becomes the sidecar, its weight is about 120-130kg more. When my wife sat in car, I could go 100km/h (the quality of roads in Vietnam is not good to go faster, the highway here is only for cars). Fuel consumption is about 5l/100km
View attachment 37856
View attachment 37857
View attachment 37858
View attachment 37859
View attachment 37860
View attachment 37861
View attachment 37862
View attachment 37863
View attachment 37864

That sidecar is an amazing piece of engineering and craftsmanship. I’m very impressed. Thank you for sharing your story.

That is a nice sidecar. Good job on doing it.. and at 5L/100Km converts to 47 US mpg, not bad at all...slim it down some, make it easy to attach and detach, and you have a portable one-man sleeping container (no need for tents, hammocks, etc...).

That is a nice sidecar. Good job on doing it.. and at 5L/100Km converts to 47 US mpg, not bad at all...slim it down some, make it easy to attach and detach, and you have a portable one-man sleeping container (no need for tents, hammocks, etc...).

Thanks for your suggestions, it is also very easy to remove. The size of the vehicle is minimal, cannot be reduced any more. The height is enough for a person to sit inside, long enough for a person to lie and stretch their legs, the width must follow the formula: The distance from the rear wheel center to the auxiliary wheel is 1.2m.

Well done. You did an amazing job with the sidecar. I am glad you and your wife are able to travel and enjoy the journey together.

Back