• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brand new 2015 nc700x valve train noise? HELP!!

15mtyler

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up my 2015 nc700x last week and have 250 miles on it I have followed the break in perfectly, and it is not low on oil. The link to the utube video is exactly what mine sounds like after it warms up. It quiets very little if I pull the clutch in. Is this normal for this bike or engine? You may have to copy and paste the link.

https://youtu.be/_JuZWWAnGXM

Sounds like my bike. Just like a happy little tractor.

Maybe there is something subtle that you hear with your bike, but I don’t hear anything unusual when playing that video on my iPhone.

JT

Sounds like my bike. Just like a happy little tractor.

Maybe there is something subtle that you hear with your bike, but I don’t hear anything unusual when playing that video on my iPhone.

JT

what I'm hearing and I hope it comes through in the video is a kind of clackity clack coming from the top of the heads it seems

what I'm hearing and I hope it comes through in the video is a kind of clackity clack coming from the top of the heads it seems

That’s the valves. Tapity Tap, Clackity Clack. That’s part of the engine’s character.
I didn’t hear anything unusual in the video.

JT

When it gets too quiet, then get worried. Tight valves could cause more serious problems than loose valves.

If still in doubt, perform a valve clearance check.

Last edited:
Back