• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine switch 750 to 700

keitany

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2018 NC750X with dead engine wanted to know if its possible to fit a 2014 NC700x engine to the frame and the harness

I’ll be the first of many curious people to ask... What happened to the 750 and why do you think it’s dead?

Not sure about the swap. My guess is if it’s a manual the odds are better. I would think a DCT version would have different shift settings programmed in the ECU.

JT

gave it to a friend for a few months and he decided to ride it without checking oil levels or the coolant, in short i took the bike road it for a few kilometers and it knocked.

I’m not aware of anyone who did that surgery... I guess you’ve to talk with an engineer who knows both models in depth.

You may also have a look in service manuals but it will not be an easy task.

from what I have read and understand, the 750 engine is just the 700 block bored-out. I read this in some articles talking about the end of the -700cc NC in the 2017 model year. Going forward all NC's are 750cc, but the bikes should be visually identical aside from the TCU that they put on there in '18

from what I have read and understand, the 750 engine is just the 700 block bored-out. I read this in some articles talking about the end of the -700cc NC in the 2017 model year. Going forward all NC's are 750cc, but the bikes should be visually identical aside from the TCU that they put on there in '18
From what I have read, the piston shape has changed from the older nc700x (2012/2013) to the newer 750...so more than just a bore out...If the FI system is different, the computer mapping will have to be different; if the front sprocket axle is different length, lining up with rear sprocket may be difficult; does the fuel pump on the nc750x have same pressure as fuel pump on the nc700x (if same part number, probably), if not, problems with the EFI will occur....

I believe swingarm and sprocket carrier didn't change so alignment shouldn't be a problem.

The 745 cc engine has two counterbalancers and weighs a few kilograms more than the single counterbalancer 670 cc engine. It's not just a bored-out 670 cc motor.

From what I have read, the piston shape has changed from the older nc700x (2012/2013) to the newer 750...so more than just a bore out...If the FI system is different, the computer mapping will have to be different; if the front sprocket axle is different length, lining up with rear sprocket may be difficult; does the fuel pump on the nc750x have same pressure as fuel pump on the nc700x (if same part number, probably), if not, problems with the EFI will occur....

Sometimes I forget Motorcycle Journalists are tertiary, underpaid journalists at best
That's what I get for not doing my own thinking :rolleyes:

Back