• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horn replacement

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used this horn: PIAA : Sports Horn [Q5KPIA270447]

I have some coupons that are going to expire so thought this might be worthy.

I don't know anything about electrical so this might be a good learning experience. I was thinking that left hand model would be the best fit. It's rated at 112 db so was hoping it would be an upgrade over the "meep meep". Claims to operate at 2.7A so hoping that it it not too much of a draw for the electrical system and that it will be plug and play.

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this model or any advice on what I am proposing.

I've not changed the stock horn either but be interested to hear how you get on. I had to use my horn the other day to stop a pedestrian walking out in front of me - and I swear they laughed when they heard it :-(

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Both of my road bikes are fitted with the Stebel Nautilus horn that puts out 130+ dB so it can be heard from several blocks away! The digital voltmeter on my bikes shows that it takes more than 2-3 volts to power the horn.

Last edited:
Has anyone used this horn: PIAA : Sports Horn [Q5KPIA270447]

I have some coupons that are going to expire so thought this might be worthy.

I don't know anything about electrical so this might be a good learning experience. I was thinking that left hand model would be the best fit. It's rated at 112 db so was hoping it would be an upgrade over the "meep meep". Claims to operate at 2.7A so hoping that it it not too much of a draw for the electrical system and that it will be plug and play.

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this model or any advice on what I am proposing.
I used one of those several years ago on another bike and I think it will be an upgrade over the OEM horn. If you remove the OEM and replace with this one it should be plug-and-play amperage wise and a relay would not be needed. The pictures on the advertisement in your post shows it hanging off the right side in front of the lower cowl. That's pretty homely in my opinion. It is not difficult to mount this horn inside the fairing. If you mount two horns a relay would be needed to protect the switch contacts.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/734-horn-upgrade.html?highlight=horn upgrade

I used one of those several years ago on another bike and I think it will be an upgrade over the OEM horn. If you remove the OEM and replace with this one it should be plug-and-play amperage wise and a relay would not be needed. The pictures on the advertisement in your post shows it hanging off the right side in front of the lower cowl. That's pretty homely in my opinion. It is not difficult to mount this horn inside the fairing. If you mount two horns a relay would be needed to protect the switch contacts.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/734-horn-upgrade.html?highlight=horn upgrade

Thanks dduelin,

I read other threads and the talk of relays, amps per circuit and fuses made me nervous. I don't know anything about these topics to speak intelligently, hence the idea to start small :) The opinion on the cosmetics is fair and appreciated. I tend to be more function over form so it doesn't bother me now, but if it were to be installed my opinion may change. I don't have the same fairing design on the "S" model so I would probably need to find a different location. I figured I would eventually need a relay at some point but was postponing until I felt I had a legitimate need.

Back