• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to buy a pair of boots to use riding both my bikes, I ride a NC700x and a Goldwing.

I am looking for comfort while riding as well as walking, I am not a super aggressive offroad rider, but would like good protection for the occasional off road drop.

Twenty years ago I bought a pair of BMW GorTex lined touring boots, I believe made by Sidi. I'm on my third set of soles with about 150,000 miles on the boots. They are looking pretty used now. You get what you pay for.

Twenty years ago I bought a pair of BMW GorTex lined touring boots, I believe made by Sidi. I'm on my third set of soles with about 150,000 miles on the boots. They are looking pretty used now. You get what you pay for.

I agree in large part with this sentiment but in my case I get 3 or 4 years/60 or 70,000 miles out of a pair of very comfortable $100 boots before the soles are too worn or a boot springs a leak. I wear orthotic dress shoes and need comfortable supportive shoes and it's hard to believe that these cheap boots feel that good. One pair was replaced under warranty. I recently bought the 4th pair in 13 years.

I still use these Alpinestars Roam 2 WP Boots - RevZilla I wear them daily for commuting now finishing their 4th season. They are a slimmer style of boot. The sole is more flexible so there is less of a duck walk compared to something with a steel plate in the sole. I find them a little warm when it is really hot. No real issues down to freezing. The water proof membrane started breaking down in season 2-3...outside of warranty. I have squeezed more life out of them using the Nikwax Leather Restorer as recommended by Apline Stars customer service.

At the time of purchase I was a new rider so trying to get good value on my setup. I don't regret buying them but when they wear out I will get a better boot. Most likely with Goretex but will make the decision when required. Not sure if I want sport, touring or adv boot yet...time will tell.

Good luck with your search. I buy my gear from local stores so I can confirm the fit and support them.

Just wondering, has anyone has ever found a pair of Sidi boots to be comfortable enough off the bike?

I have a pair of the Fusion Airs that work great for SoCal riding and have held up well for almost 4 years now, but I can't stand in them for very long, even with inserts. I just got a new pair of gel inserts to try and will be cutting them to fit this weekend.

After many years of Tourmaster and Sidi (and satisfied with both), I recently bought a pair of Gaerne Aquatech boots. Italian made and a little pricey but the most comfortable “tall” motorcycle boot I’ve ever slipped a foot into. Comfortable enough for walking around in as well.

My Alpinestars Gran Torino are comfortable all day. Sadly they are no longer made.
If I want a little more protection I wear my Alpinestars Corazal. They are not quite off road boots, but they are about as protective as you can get and still walk around.
The Gran Torino are Goretex, the Corazal are dry Star.
My feet sweat a lot, so I wear a well ventilated boot in warm weather made by First Gear.

Also keep in mind the socks. I wear some merino wool socks to help with sweating and wicking. Quick drying and I always carry an extra pair of dry ones for if they get wet. For trips, I wear one, carry 2 spare. One to wear, one to wash, one for spare. You can have the best boots in the world, but once your socks get wet, your feet stay wet and issues will occur.

Tourmaster Solution WP Air and Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP, one of each for winter and summer use.

I have the Forma Low boots and like them, but I wish they were a tad wider. I'm going to check the Tourmaster Solution WP Air and see how they fit. Thanks Dave.

Since others have brought up their cold and warm weather choices, here's my other two boot picks. Summer, the 511 desert boot the most comfortable boot I have ever had. Not waterproof, you need rain booties on tour.

Winter is the Red Wing model 1229. I first read about it in the book Going the Extra Mile by Ron Ayres, a well known Iron Butt rider. Rod said they have 1,000 grams of Thinsulate. I don't know about that but they are warm. The only boot I use from late November to mid March. Gore-Tex lined. Maybe 45,000 miles and they only show shifting scuff.

I bought a pair of Rev-it boots, but returned them after I found they were so stiff I couldn't feel anything my feet were doing. After that I went and bought another pair of Danner patrol boots with Goretex. Then for the summer I wear a pair of Vans high tops.

I wear Sidi Cobra Gore-Tex boots. I've put over 20k miles on them and the soles still look new. Most of the parts of the boot are replaceable. The slide pads work very well. Not that you should ever have a sloppy enough foot position to know this on an NC700X.

The very first day I wore them I accidentally drove through a deep puddle and felt the water cascading over my boots. They've never let my feet get wet. They're big enough to wear two pairs of socks, but don't slop around when I'm walking despite not having an ankle clasp. Easiest boots to get in and out of.

I've even worked 8 hours mostly on my feet in them, fantastic boots. Your feet are your most common contact point with the ground, treat them right.

I still wear my old patrol boots, Danner Ft Lewis with Gortex. Very comfortable and well broken in. One day i'll buy a nice pair of Sidi or something more suited for riding/comfort. :{)

Back