• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much weight in frunk/bags?

Junkie

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know that the official weight limits in the frunk and factory bags is really low - I think 5kg in the frunk, similar for the top case, I forget on the side cases.

That said, how much weight do you put in yours? Has anyone had problems from overloading?

Make sure to check the bike's gross vehicle weight rating also. Different bags/mounts probably have different load capacities. An overloaded NC700x running against a headwind on the interstate can be frustrating. I doubt anyone has actually weighed all the junk they put on and in the bike ;-)

Various sources put the total load rating at 460lb. That won't be a problem - that allows me + a decent size passenger + 100lb more. However, I'd rather put heavy stuff low and forward, and I'd be awfully annoyed if I put 25lb in the frunk and ended up breaking something.

Unless you are smuggling gold bars, it would be a challenge to fit more than 20 lbs of stuff in the frunk. Maybe a lot of tools could do it (but that is a lot). Not sure if you could fit 20 lbs of beverages.

JT

I have come back home from Santa Barbara, as well as the local grocery store, with a six-pack canvas carrying bag full of wine in my frunk several times. I keep my cloth helmet bag in there to pad against the sides.
Never any issues.
I have removed the plastic tray on the bottom to try to get a bit more room. Not sure if I should put it back to increase the weight capacity.
The weight capacity on my Givi tail bag is 3 kilos or 6.6 pounds. That's about 2 bottles if one is the heavier style like I get at Barbieri.

With my new Givi frunk bag, as well as a tail bag strapped onto the pillion seat, I plan to distribute the bottles a little better on long trips.

As far as what fits go, I'm disappointed that I can't fit a helmet. Maybe some full face helmets do, but mine certainly don't. I wonder if I could remove something to fix that.

^^^^ This
That is really my only legitimate gripe about the NC. My helmet doesn’t fit either. Other than that, it’s one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned.

JT

As far as what fits go, I'm disappointed that I can't fit a helmet. Maybe some full face helmets do, but mine certainly don't. I wonder if I could remove something to fix that.

^^^^ This
That is really my only legitimate gripe about the NC. My helmet doesn’t fit either. Other than that, it’s one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned.

JT

Some helmets do fit, as mentioned in this partial list in post #3 of the FAQ: NC700 FAQ and How To - Please read before posting questions!

The 2016+ models of the NC700/750 have a slightly larger frunk which perhaps attempted to address the helmet fit issue.

My frunk always contains, at a minimum, tire repair kit, air compressor, and battery jump pack. There is no hope for adding a helmet to that.

is there a way to add to the list?

Bell Qualifier DLX XL NF
Scorpion AT950 L NF

Back