• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire sizes that fit on NC700X?

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a guy in my neighborhood selling used, but still with couple thousands miles of life, off-road tires, front and rear. He doesn't have anything that fits on the NC by the book, but wonder what can I put on my 17" rims and use it? In the sticky post of this section, it's mentioned e.g. rear sizes 150/70 and 160/60, but front size 120/70 only.
It's for testing purpose only, to test NC on "knobbies", around house and local "off-road" sections, as well as on pavements. That's why I'm going with used, cheap tires.

Thanks for any help.

Most of the knobbies you find aren't going to be in a 17".

You can run a 120/60 or a 120/70 up front, and I'd be willing to bet you can even squeeze a 110/70 on the front.

As far as the rear, you can run up to a 160 width rear tire, but you can also run a 150/60 or 150/70. Remember, if you run a smaller width tire or a smaller tire in height (150/60, as an example), you will lose rear ride height which will change the way the bike handles. You may like it, you may not.

Most of the knobbies you find aren't going to be in a 17".

You can run a 120/60 or a 120/70 up front, and I'd be willing to bet you can even squeeze a 110/70 on the front.

As far as the rear, you can run up to a 160 width rear tire, but you can also run a 150/60 or 150/70. Remember, if you run a smaller width tire or a smaller tire in height (150/60, as an example), you will lose rear ride height which will change the way the bike handles. You may like it, you may not.

Thanks.
:)

Some of the folks are running the 150/70 rears like i currently have on mine. I also understand a 140/80 fits as well which i will be trying as soon as i wear my current one out.
:{)

Back