• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebar Audio Controls

Jaraxle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am sure I am not the first person to think of this but I am not sure what I need to look for, product name, etc. By now most people are familiar with the steering wheel controls for most factory audio systems. Volume up/down, track up/down, pause, play, etc. My question is, is there an external device say Bluetooth that can be attached to the handlebars to allow you to control your phones audio?
If I have my phone in my jacket with headphone plugged in and in my ears. I would like something that will allow me to control the audio without fumbling with my phone on the move. It seems like this would be very handy and it has got to be out there but not sure what I am looking for. I would think someone in the forums has had experience with just such a device.
Thoughts?

This is from the instructions for a Sena 10 S model, others are probably similar.

10S - Music via Bluetooth

The Bluetooth audio device must be paired with the 10S. The 10S supports the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), so if your Bluetooth audio device also supports the AVRCP, you can use the 10S to remotely control music playback. Not only can you adjust the volume but you can also use functions such as play, pause, next track and previous track
1. To play or pause music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear a double beep.
2. To adjust the volume, rotate the Jog dial.
3. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.

Hey thanks for the reply. I was looking and the Sena and Cardo but since I usually ride alone I was hoping just to find something to use with my phone that attaches to the handlebars. I did some more digging and came across this

Bluetooth Controller for Motorcycles - Steel Horse Audio

This is along the lines of what I am looking for. Just hoping that someone out there has had some personal experience with this type of controller to give some feedback.

I never liked dealing with earplug headphones. Plus it's against the law to ride in this state with 2 earplugs in. So I just got the cheapest Sena I could find.
I think it was the 5.
I recently upgraded to the 10S for the better speakers and FM radio and am pretty happy with it. Though my phone will occasionally have its volume down too low when I link via Bluetooth, so have to raise the volume on the phone before riding off.

With the controller above, it looks like you'd have to plug into it and still use a speaker system. If you have a NC700X why not just keep the phone locked in the frunk where it's safe and use a Bluetooth receiver? If you prefer to use earplugs it also has an earbud port.

Back