• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A new year, a new thread!

Happy New Year to all :)

Cleaned the garage to park the bike for a couple of weeks. Locking everything up while we are away. Heading off to Guanzhou and Hong Kong.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all! This morning, I woke up and rode to a local beach to photograph the sunrise.

20190101_Sunrise03.jpg

I learned a valuable lesson in the process too; don't ride your bike onto deep, loose pebble beaches - took me ages to get the bike back onto the road again!

WL13ZLU_HondaNC700X-TannersLaneBeach01.jpg

Always bring a coffee for a cold morning; stopped in the countryside on my way home to enjoy the quiet. Here's hoping 2019 is a good year!

WL13ZLU_HondaNC700X-BoldreChurch02.jpg

Happy New Year!
High of about 30 here and it rained hard yesterday, so there is ice scattered about.
So I probably will not get a ride in, though it will be worse later in the week.
I am thinking of using the bad weather to replace batteries on the boat and the two motorcycles purchased in 2015. I figure the 2015s have batteries that are older than that, though I have had no problems yet. It seems like modern batteries give you less warning.

Yay new thread! Happy New Years everyone! Please continue to be safe out there!

Made a 2 hour ride today with the new rack, and didn't feel it at all. The old panier seat I always felt on my tailbone, and after a full day of riding it got to be a literal pain in the arse. I don't see this rack doing that, even though the front of it is not padded.

Also - I am continuing to love the heated jacket and gloves.

I took the rear shock off and sold it to a fellow forum member!

.....and I posted the bike for sale locally. :(

Last edited:
Called the dealer because on this 2014 with 0 miles now the dash reads 'DS' and the letters do not go away if changed to and from D or S or even in Manual mode

Installed the Centerstand and Battery tender quick connect. Also ordered a touring windscreen.

Called the dealer because on this 2014 with 0 miles now the dash reads 'DS' and the letters do not go away if changed to and from D or S or even in Manual mode

Installed the Centerstand and Battery tender quick connect. Also ordered a touring windscreen.

Perhaps another botched instrument cluster replacement? 2014 instruments were subject to a service campaign to correct an issue with the trip meter. There have been instances where the wrong combination meter was installed by the dealer. Keep us posted on what the dealer says.

Does your instrument panel have an ABS idiot light?

Last edited:
I even put the Vin # in the honda recal website prior to taking ownership and it was not flagged (based on a Facebook users suggestion)

The Abs light comes on at startup and turns off the second the bike moves the first time. Meaning it's not on the rest of the ride.

Thanks for info

I even put the Vin # in the honda recal website prior to taking ownership and it was not flagged (based on a Facebook users suggestion)

The Abs light comes on at startup and turns off the second the bike moves the first time. Meaning it's not on the rest of the ride.

Thanks for info

ABS light does not stay on, it comes on at startup and should go out after a few seconds.

+1.... ABS light comes on at startup and light goes out when the wheels start to turn..... At least that's how my 2015 DCT works.

My question about the ABS light was to confirm if the dealer installed the right combination meter for the “recall”. I was wondering if the dealer mistakenly installed a combination meter intended for a manual bike,in which case the ABS
light would be masked out on the display faceplate. Because you have a functioning ABS light suggests that is not the case.

My question about the ABS light was to confirm if the dealer installed the right combination meter for the “recall”. I was wondering if the dealer mistakenly installed a combination meter intended for a manual bike,in which case the ABS
light would be masked out on the display faceplate. Because you have a functioning ABS light suggests that is not the case.

I had the dealer do just that (the model number between the two panels are 1 number off) and had to take it back and have it redone. There is no ABS or Parking Brake lights on the Manual version. They are only on the DCT version. If you go start the bike, and engage the Parking Brake, it should light up. I found this out when I rode home from a bike night with the parking brake engaged and burnt out the pads. Easy replacement on the pads, but felt really stupid.

I sold it.

Was a great bike for the last 6 years. Probably the best, yet most under appreciated bike I ever owned. Yet the one I put the most miles on.

I just got back from my only ride this week:(

I rode all the way into work (100 miles round trip) only to find that I am not running today:D

Today was the first morning that it's been over 40 here in the Phoenix metro area this week and I just couldn't get up the energy to ride in with icicles forming on my windscreen:p

We haven't been below freezing in a couple of years now so I hope that this isn't going to be an ongoing theme for the next couple of months.

Not only that, but the last time it got really cold in the winter (it snowed on me in central Phoenix), the following summer it hit 123 degrees F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back