• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC750X ‘18: Denali PowerHub 2 - Tapping into licence plate light wire

Gazza732

Reaction score
Visit site
So I’ve just ‘installed’ the PowerHub 2 and tapped it into the licence plate light for the switched power (using the supplied pozitap). I used a multimeter and I get a clear 12v coming through when the fuse is on the constant side but when I put the fuse on the switched side and turn on the ignition (and even the engine just to rule anything out) I don’t get any output from it. The shop manual shows that the licence plate light has a 12v supply (tapped into the green one as the black would be ground) and when I used the multimeter on the licence light it confirmed a 12v supply. Anyone know what would be going wrong here?

If I'm reading it right, my 2016 700 manual shows green is the ground.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

If I'm reading it right, my 2016 700 manual shows green is the ground.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

You're reading it correctly. Honda is the only vehicle mfg, I know of, where black is not ground.

Indeed, it was indeed ground. By the time someone gave me that advice I had found another live ha. Thanks for your time though guys, I really appreciate it.

You're reading it correctly. Honda is the only vehicle mfg, I know of, where black is not ground.
When I was learning electronics in the U.S. Navy, we had a saying..."Green is ground the world around". An it is generally true. If you have green it is usually ground. In the absence of green, then black is ground.

Terra firma vehicles are usually black ground. Terra firma AC, single phase, black is hot. Electronics my once upon a time company developed and built for the U.S. Navy had black ground. It was also Depot level repair, and we were depot. System went into a platform that was being refurbed & upgraded at Mare Island.

Back