• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extra lighting. Spotlights? Auxiliary? Running?

Solent biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
A similar thread has probably been posted many times but i thought i'd ask my own question through a boring story.

I've a 4yr old 750 and i've done 40k miles. Approximately 35k of those have been two up.
Riding with a pillion alters the aim of the headlights so they are aiming higher and blaze straight into the car drivers face. That ain't too bad until they flash their hi-beam and you are blinded.

I get the aim adjusted so it's great while she's on the back and i can actually see where i'm going through pitch black country roads.

However when she is not behind me i have a beam of light that i can look for pot holes but nothing in the distance.

I need some extra lighting but for the life of me i don't know which would be the most efficient. They need to be independently switchable

Any suggestions? Cheers

See one solution [HERE]. (There are many!)

This one is relatively cheap, and easy to maintain once in place. There is a bracket under the nose to bold a piece of angled "flat bar" to. I used actual FLAT "flat bar" at first, but it bounced more than I liked.

They are independently switched, and I only turn them on:
A) during the day time to make me more visible
B) on dark roads with no oncoming traffic.

Cheap, easy to install.... (see the photos in the linked post).

The switch wiring is also shown well [HERE].

Last edited:
I recently had a pair of Denali D2 tri optic LED lights installed on my NC. They came with an illuminated switch so I can operate them independently. I had them mounted on the crash bars I also had installed at the same time. It creates a nice triangle effect so I stand out a little more to oncoming cars, and the light they project is crazy. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do what strat tuner did, (maybe I'm just lazy) so I had them installed with the Denali mounts and it looks really slick. Some guys mount them on the forks too.

There's a number of other options for LED lights that might be less expensive than the Denali's but I know they work well and I trust them to last. You can also change the lens to have the beam project either farther or wider. I'll probably go with one of each to get a good combination of the two, I hear that works very well.

Cheers

Scott,
I just looked up these LED lights and although they seem a little on the expensive side, they seem to tick the boxes i require. I'd much rather spend more on a quality product knowing they are going to do the business and also have an endorsement from a like minded NC er. I plan to keep the bike for many years so i think it will be money well spent.
Thank you

FWIW I have a set of Denali "DRL" LED lights on order at my local Honda dealer. They are visibility lights designed so car drivers see the motorcycle. I'm going to have the dealer install them so they are on when the headlights are on. I'm more concerned about getting hit by an idiot driver than seeing long distance down a dark roadway.

Might not work for your needs.

Back