• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New User Checking In

Foxtrot144

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Austin Texas

I have been eyeing the NC700X as a bike I was very interested in over the last few months and after I had a pretty gnarly wreck on my 2009 VStrom 650 I decided that I'd find an NC for my next bike. I got the cast off my arm last Monday and so here we are :) I chose my forum name because when I was taken to the hospital they didn't know my name and was called Foxtrot144 for the week or so I was there.

I have a Honda Rebel 250 with some hard saddle bags that I cruise around on when I'm doing short distances or not getting on the highway. I'm planning on taking the NC700X up to Boston and a couple other cross country trips. I want to ride up to the Aerostitch factory in Minnesota next summer sometime. I'd also like to do the Trans America Trail one day.

I'm in the better half of my 30s and work in IT. I work on the north side of town and live about 10 miles south of my job which puts me in town, but not downtown. I go see lots of stand up comedy shows, some music events, and like riding long distances. I have family in Goliad County, Matagorda County, and in Houston. (All in Texas)

I think this should do for an introductory post. I look forward to learning from everyone and hope I can contribute when I can.

Bike pics I took out in Goliad County when I was visiting on two different trips.

2012 NC700X
IMG_1155(1).JPG

2007 Rebel
IMG_1575.JPG

Thanks for the link Jarret!

I'm mnw on the honda rebel forum [ hondarebelforum.com ] and at Two Wheeled Texans but I don't post much if at all.

After my wreck on the VStrom I decided I'd like to try forums again. So now I'm foxtrot144 at advrider and here. I have the four sites bookmarked and try to read each of them, but it's hard to keep up :)

Howdy. If you haven't already, you should check out Two Wheeled Texans:

TWT Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Lots of Central Texas group rides formed there.

Welcome. From Houston. After my MC wreck and after my broken leg healed a bit I bought a Suzuki Burgman 650 and this year in January a NC700X DCT. I love them both for different reasons and uses.

Welcome! I was through there in November on the way to the Hill Country, but on my Goldwing, not the NC.
Austin was on a boil order for water at that time.
E38A4A0B-37AE-490F-AB3D-2ACF22211AFC.jpg

Welcome! I was through there in November on the way to the Hill Country, but on my Goldwing, not the NC.
Austin was on a boil order for water at that time.
View attachment 37559
Near Hunt on the Guadalupe after riding portions of the Twisted Sisters.

Last edited:
Back