• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can anyone help identifying Body Panel / Fairing Names

Foxtrot144

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a used 2012 NC700X and besides putting an exhaust, center stand, bark busters, and 30k miles on it the previous owner removed or otherwise no longer has the bottom fairings. I was searching around ebay for replacements and I think that they're called chin fairings? I was hoping someone here could help me figure out if that's indeed what I'm searching for. There was a skid plate that was removed and so at the moment I am feeling a bit like Winnie the pooh :) [naked on the bottom but not on the top]

If you know that then maybe you would also know if a 2013 fairings will fit my 2012 also? I am in need of the black ones that go on the sides too because while riding in strong wind they both were blown away and down and drug along the high way for a hundred miles until I noticed. Ebay has one person selling what I think is the middle and right side and then another person is selling the left side but for a 2013.

Any and all help or discussion on finding body part / fairing names and the fun that comes with that is welcomed.

My bike photo from my parking space
IMG_1110.jpg

New bike photo from the web
2012-honda-nc700x_new.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Viewing on line illustrated parts vendors will help with panel identification. For this item note that the right side cowl (and possibly the center section) is different for DCT and manual transmissions.

2012 through 2015 are compatible.

Instead of doing that why not put on an aftermarket skid plate. Much more protection and maybe cheaper than the dealer?

Called an Undercowl
Hondapartsnation.com
Go to motorcycles then 2012 find the NC700X and open it. Scroll down to the 2nd from bottom. Tap on Undercowl. My phone is acting up and it won't copy the link like it usually does.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh man thank you all so much. Not only given the name but where to find it. The OEM parts that I'm missing are not too expensive, and if they'd be brand new versus the old crusty wrecked parts from ebay.

I appreciate the help very much.

I have a SW Motech Skid Plate that covers the underside of my bike. The three plastic parts are gone and I get some protection too. (Not as much protection as Dales Heavy duty skid plate, but much better than stock.)
mss_01_151_10000_2_xl.jpg

Last edited:
Foxtrot, as Eric mentioned, an aftermarket skid plate instead of the Honda lower cowl might be another route to go. I only suggest this because in your introduction you stated a desire to ride the TAT someday.

Thanks 670cc, and the picture speaks a 1000 words Eric!

I think what I'll do is order the stock components and then get that skid plate before the spring comes around. The cooler months I'm planning to stay on the paved roads and hopefully avoid any ice. Then once the skid plate goes on I'm not stuck if I need to take it off for some reason.

I have a SW Motech Skid Plate that covers the underside of my bike. The three plastic parts are gone and I get some protection too. (Not as much protection as Dales Heavy duty skid plate, but much better than stock.)
View attachment 37548

Last edited:
Back