• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Forum newbie

bjw741

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is B.J. and I now live in Bella Vista, AR after working for 35 years in Tulsa, OK.

I just recently purchased a 2015 NC700X with just under 5,000 miles. When I got it I told my wife of 48 years that I just bought my last bike. Her response was a very skeptical "Yah, right."

I'm retired and just recently turned 67. I been riding since I was 15 when I bought my first bike, a 1958 Cushman Eagle. A year later, I sold it and got my first "real" motorcycle, a 1967 Hodaka Ace 90. Since then I've owned many motorcycles through the years of various sizes and styles . . . hence my wife's skepticism.

I really like the NC700X. It feels much lighter than it actually is and is very nimble for its size. My all time favorite street bike before this one was a 2004 Suzuki Wee Strom (the 650) which I rode for over 25,000 miles. I think I'm going to like the NC700X even better though. Time will tell.

I think this will be my last bike because it does everything I want and I don't put all that many mile on one anymore, probably only 2,000 - 3000 miles a year. At that rate the NC700X should be good for as long as I want to continue riding . . . which is still going to be a good long while I hope.

Looks like there's a lot of good information on this forum and I hope I can contribute some in the future.

Welcome! I live near Grand Lake in Oklahoma. I bought my 2015 NC700 dct in 2016 at Heartland Honda in Springdale and just had my 12,000 mile service there. It was the only NC700 anywhere nearby. I could live with the nc as my only motorcycle, though I currently have a drz 400 and a Goldwing as well. There are several NC owners in the Oklahoma-Kansas-Missouri border area.

Welcome to this forum. It's interesting the wide range of riders that are represented here. The bike appeals to both newer riders and seasoned riders.

Howdy from rural N.W. Indiana (near Chicago)

Glad to have you hear and looking forward to hearing your riding impressions and comparisons. My wife and I are loving our NCx's. She has a 2016 700, I've got a 2018 750. Both of ours are DCT models.

Welcome! My very first bike was also a Hodaka Ace 90 but (hold on to your hat) it was bored out to 101cc and it had Ceriani forks!!!!! Went through a few bikes. The one I wish I still had was a Honda CB400f. Then I stopped riding for a long time. Finally bought a new 2015 NC700X DCT and I am almost certain it will be my last bike. Over 20,000 miles on it and it does everything I need in a bike at this point in my life. Similar to you - 66 years old, almost retired, and my wife doesn't quite believe most of what I tell her.... ;-)

I am certain that you will enjoy your new bike....
>T

Welcome. New to NC700 also. Wanted lower and lighter than BMW RT. Pleased with all but footpegs and I've fixed that(I think). Happy riding. Oh, another last bike for me also. At 74.

Back