• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wind Deflectors?

MattKas

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if there is any aftermarket wind deflector exists to keep it warm on my 2016 NC700X DCT?

Thanks in advance,

Matt Kas

Chandler, AZ

Nc700x NC 700 X Lower Wind Deflector Genuine Honda 2012 - 2017 OEM Factory | eBay

2012-2013 Honda NC700X NC700XD NEW OEM Leg Fairing Wind Air Deflectors | eBay

Barkbusters Storm Handguard Kit For 7/8" or 1 1/8" Handlebars - RevZilla

Hippo Hands | Hippo Hands: motorcycle hand covers/muffs for cold weather riding

Whoops, didn't see the aftermarket part. Someone in the Chicago suburbs did a thread on some he easily fabricated for his wife's NC700X. Do a search for it. He said it made a difference
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m not aware of any aftermarket air deflectors available to protect the legs and feet. The Honda deflectors mainly serve to generate income for Honda, but for rider protection, not so much.

Some pretty good DIY examples do exist, mainly involving clear plastic attached to crash bars.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is any aftermarket wind deflector exists to keep it warm on my 2016 NC700X DCT?

You can make your own. See [HERE].
Though I abandoned the bit that covered my feet (it looked too goofy even for me, and that's saying something!), the upper part that keeps wind off my legs works very well. I've been using it for two years and wouldn't go back to life without it.

Looking at the pics, I see that they're of an old version of the fairing. The latest go OVER the front turn indicators... keeps the wind out better. I'll post pictures to morrow when it's daylight.

It's made from PVC pipe and large panels of plastic (from a rubbermaid trash can). It attaches with three zip ties on each side.
Easy to put on and off. Having a larger windscreen will help.

Last edited:
There is an OEM Wind deflector for 2016 NC700X but it is only for NON DCT models. Mine is a DCT model. I wonder what the difference is in body structure?

There is an OEM Wind deflector for 2016 NC700X but it is only for NON DCT models. Mine is a DCT model. I wonder what the difference is in body structure?

The OEM lower wind deflectors attach to the lower cowl. The lower cowl right side is shaped differently on the DCT (vs manual) to accommodate the different right side engine cover. Look online at images of DCT and manual trans and you’ll see the difference.

The Honda lower wind deflectors are so small they’d be hard pressed to make any difference in airflow.

Last edited:
The OEM lower wind deflectors attach to the lower cowl. The lower cowl right side is shaped differently on the DCT (vs manual) to accommodate the different right side engine cover. Look online at images of DCT and manual trans and you’ll see the difference.

The Honda lower wind deflectors are so small they’d be hard pressed to make any difference in airflow.

My bike was equipped with the wind deflectors by the previous owner and I've never rode without them. They are small, but when I ride in a light rain, my boots and shins are always drier than I expect them to be when I get off. I have no idea if there would be a difference without them.

Pictures as promised.
It's loose because it's not zip tied down...shows off the idea better.
(but as no one commented, I can guess this is as welcome as an ugly Christmas sweater! :)
fairingfront.jpg

fairinglower.jpg

Pictures as promised.
It's loose because it's not zip tied down...shows off the idea better.
(but as no one commented, I can guess this is as welcome as an ugly Christmas sweater! :)
View attachment 37517

View attachment 37518
I think it is great idea. Especially if you want to go on a cross country tour and put it on and off as you want..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back