• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What to do first???

Vinny

Reaction score
Visit site
Having just acquired a new NC750X and having a growing list of Mods, I was wondering what the first modification others have done to their 700 or 750? If you have done several, would you change the order in which you performed them? I'm guessing this question is somewhat subjective as individuals have varying priorities. If you have a specific modification/s that have helped you more than others, what are they and why.

Having just acquired a new NC750X and having a growing list of Mods, I was wondering what the first modification others have done to their 700 or 750? If you have done several, would you change the order in which you performed them? I'm guessing this question is somewhat subjective as individuals have varying priorities. If you have a specific modification/s that have helped you more than others, what are they and why.
Ride it..........

The first mod I’d do is add the centerstand, which should have been standard equipment anyway.

+1 on the Center stand as the first order of business. Can’t live without it.
Then I put together a small tool kit to keep on the bike.

JT

I bought mine along with:
1. Center stand
2. Honda light bar (it's useless, get an engine guard instead)
3. Service manual (sooner or later, you'll need to do maintenance)
4. Luggage
5. New / modified seat

Since then I've added additional lighting, Madstad windshield, heated gloves, and suspension upgrades.

For you, ride it a while and see what complaints you have. I consider center stand and manual a necessity. The rest are dependant on your comfort, riding style, and where / when you ride (ex. additional lighting isn't a big deal if you don't ride at night).

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Ordered my with oem panniers and center stand. First added headlight modulator and hyperlites on rear (want to be seen).

Then Sargent seat. Then CalSci windscreen. That was the first month.

Everything else came in due course later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a 2015 and I ride about an hour a day in my commute (occasionally hitting stop-and-go traffic). Most of my 'recreational' rides are typically 2-4 hours. I am 5'-7" / 170lbs.

1) Seat - I did a Russell DayLong - but that's overkill for many)
2) 2" riser for handlebars (depending on your version of the bike and your size/stature - your new bike may not need this???)
3) Driving lights - to see and be seen
4) Bags (if you're going to travel or run errands that require more space than just the frunk).
just my 2 cents

I bought mine along with:
1. Center stand
2. Honda light bar (it's useless, get an engine guard instead)
3. Service manual (sooner or later, you'll need to do maintenance)
4. Luggage
5. New / modified seat

Since then I've added additional lighting, Madstad windshield, heated gloves, and suspension upgrades.

For you, ride it a while and see what complaints you have. I consider center stand and manual a necessity. The rest are dependant on your comfort, riding style, and where / when you ride (ex. additional lighting isn't a big deal if you don't ride at night).

What is the chief complaint about the "light bar"?

Ordered my with oem panniers and center stand. First added headlight modulator and hyperlites on rear (want to be seen).

Then Sargent seat. Then CalSci windscreen. That was the first month.

Everything else came in due course later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being seen is important from the front and rear. Extra lights are good but they have to attract attention also. I was thinking about the Wheelin flashing red strobe to replace the rear reflector... had one on the ST and loved it! Still reviewing possibilities for front lights...

Mine is a 2015 and I ride about an hour a day in my commute (occasionally hitting stop-and-go traffic). Most of my 'recreational' rides are typically 2-4 hours. I am 5'-7" / 170lbs.

1) Seat - I did a Russell DayLong - but that's overkill for many)
2) 2" riser for handlebars (depending on your version of the bike and your size/stature - your new bike may not need this???)
3) Driving lights - to see and be seen
4) Bags (if you're going to travel or run errands that require more space than just the frunk).
just my 2 cents
You are almost the same height/weight as I am... so the handlebar height comment is interesting. Haven't had enough time in the saddle to discover if its a problem yet.

Vinny, the Honda light bar is of lightweight construction and serves to mount auxiliary lighting but does not serve as engine or body work protection. I went with the Hepco Becker protection bars as they provide bodywork/engine protection and a location to mount my LED auxiliary lights in the style of the Honda light bar.

Many owners opt for Givi or other bars that mount low on the bike around the engine.

What is the chief complaint about the "light bar"?

1. I bought it in 2013 with the bike. I assumed if Honda sold a light bar, then lights were in the works. Last I checked, oem lights are still not available in the US. So it's pointless for that.

2. As someone else mentioned, it doesn't offer any real protection.

You're better off spending your money on something useful.

Long ownership of a Nighthawk 750 and watching this forum helped me determine what I would need/desire in mods for this bike before I purchased.

I made Givi panniers, racks, center stand and service manual part of the initial purchase. Added Madstad and seat mod pretty quickly. Eventually went to a Seat Concepts cover and determined that was better than the Shad which I sold. Barkbusters were in there somewhere. Later on

Oxford heated grips,
Centech power box
Dales Rack
Givi crash bars/highway pegs
Horn upgrade
SWmotech skid plate
various outlets for heated jacket, phone, etc.
Cogent rear shock
Cogent fork valves and springs

Long ownership of a Nighthawk 750 and watching this forum helped me determine what I would need/desire in mods for this bike before I purchased.

I made Givi panniers, racks, center stand and service manual part of the initial purchase. Added Madstad and seat mod pretty quickly. Eventually went to a Seat Concepts cover and determined that was better than the Shad which I sold. Barkbusters were in there somewhere. Later on

Oxford heated grips,
Centech power box
Dales Rack
Givi crash bars/highway pegs
Horn upgrade
SWmotech skid plate
various outlets for heated jacket, phone, e
Cogent rear shock
Cogent fork valves and springs

Thank you for the list... Still sorting through the many decisions on "What to add" and "When to add".

Its really about what is important to you. You might decide because its winter, heated grips, or afraid of a drop, crash bars.

MadStad windshield for touring is the most appreciated upgrade so far on both my NC750x and wife's NC700x

Luggage racks/boxes get used more than I figured they would around town. Bought them for touring. Use them frequently. She has Givi V35 side cases and doesn't use them around town. I have Hepco & Becker side and top cases, seems like there are always groceries and other things getting hauled home from somewhere in my cases. Also, my Arai full face helmet does not fit in the FRUNK so it gets stowed in the rear top case.

Ad-More LED Light Kit added to wife's Givi V35 side cases. I want her NC700x to be seen => AdMore LED Kit For Givi V35 PLX Sidecases - RevZilla

Custom Dynamics LED license plate Stop/Turn frame for my NC750x. I want to be seen => Custom Dynamics LED All-In-One Flat License Plate Frame - RevZilla

On order are LED Denali DLR lights. These or similar will eventually end up on both bikes. I want to be seen: DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights with Universal Offset Mounting Kit | Amber or White | TwistedThrottle.com

I complain about the seat on mine regularly. Not sure what to do about it. Tried compression shorts, didn't work. Looking at Moto-Skiveez, considering Seat Concepts seat cover and Shad or Corbin seats.

Last edited:
MadStad windshield for touring is the most appreciated upgrade so far on both my NC750x and wife's NC700x

Luggage racks/boxes get used more than I figured they would around town. Bought them for touring. Use them frequently. She has Givi V35 side cases and doesn't use them around town. I have Hepco & Becker side and top cases, seems like there are always groceries and other things getting hauled home from somewhere in my cases. Also, my Arai full face helmet does not fit in the FRUNK so it gets stowed in the rear top case.

Ad-More LED Light Kit added to wife's Givi V35 side cases. I want her NC700x to be seen => AdMore LED Kit For Givi V35 PLX Sidecases - RevZilla

Custom Dynamics LED license plate Stop/Turn frame for my NC750x. I want to be seen => Custom Dynamics LED All-In-One Flat License Plate Frame - RevZilla

On order are LED Denali DLR lights. These or similar will eventually end up on both bikes. I want to be seen: DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights with Universal Offset Mounting Kit | Amber or White | TwistedThrottle.com

I complain about the seat on mine regularly. Not sure what to do about it. Tried compression shorts, didn't work. Looking at Moto-Skiveez, considering Seat Concepts seat cover and Shad or Corbin seats.

I used the Seat Concepts low option on a stock seat pan and it took care of the NC slope.

Back