• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Storm Survivors

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's hoping that all of you in the path of Michael are ok.

I was communicating with a new NC owner in Panama City a few days ago on another forum. Said he was on the safe side of the storm and was going to ride it out. Looks like Panama City was hit very hard. Prayers for him and anyone else harmed by this storm.

Here's hoping that all of you in the path of Michael are ok.

I was communicating with a new NC owner in Panama City a few days ago on another forum. Said he was on the safe side of the storm and was going to ride it out. Looks like Panama City was hit very hard. Prayers for him and anyone else harmed by this storm.
You ok Dale?. I saw where it came close to your area... Panama city was hit hard and Mexico beach was destroyed..

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I hope everyone in its path made it.

We were vacationing on Florida's east coast in St Augustine and departed on Wednesday to return to Northern Indiana (which was our original planned departure date). Our original plans were to spend Wednesday night in Atlanta as we have friends there and wanted to catch up with them over a nice dinner.

Departed St Augustine at 9am heading due west to Lake City, Fl. We caught our first rain in Lake City. We were apparently driving along the north edge of the storm as we followed the interstate north toward Atlanta. Got hit with torrential downpours around the Macon area. The gas stations from the Florida border up to Macon were closed by the Georgia highway patrol along the interstate but the truck stops were still open. We stopped at 3 "Pecan" shops along the interstate as we wanted to take some home. All 3 had signs in the windows saying they were closed due to the hurricane. 1 of the 3 had sandbags lined up along the glass doors.

We ended up driving past Atlanta as the forecast was for Atlanta to be hit with Category 1 force. I think it ended up going south of Atlanta? Not really sure as we figured we'd just go far enough north to get out of the way.

But if that storm was so bad that they prepared for disaster HUNDREDS OF MILES INLAND then it must have been worse than ever imagined for the most highly impacted areas. The photos of the aftermath of that storm are astounding in their tragedy.

we lost power Thursday afternoon ... they're saying Tuesday before it's back (Piedmont Triad of North Carolina)

ok here in Raleigh/Durham. Lots of rain, some heavy wind. Flooding was more in Western NC. Went for a ride today on the other side of Chapel hill, lots of trees down, some locations without power. Saw lots of line crews.

Heard back from the NC rider in Fla. , he said he was located west of Panama City and was ok.

Back