• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750x dct: wheel will not always turn freely when in neutral (for lubing the chain)

Sylvain

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. I recently bought Ã* 2016 nc750x dct and im new on the forum.
To lubricate my chain I lift the wheel from the ground, turn the wheel with one hand and spray the lubricant while the wheel is turning. I did it 3 time up to now. Once only did the wheel turn freely. The two other times, there was resistance while turning the wheel and it was difficult to turn. Feels like some gears are turning in the transmission. Of course the bike was not running and in neutral.
Any ideas how to always have the wheel turn freely?

Thanks!
Sylvain Bélanger Montréal QC canada.

You turned off your bike while it was in gear. Turn the key to the on position and you’ll hear it click into neutral no need to start the engine, the wheel will now turn freely. I was stumped by this one for a while too.

The OP did say that the bike was in neutral so therefore it has to be something else. The handbrake suggestion is a highly likely culprit but the rear brake might also be binding. Perhaps push the caliper piston back a little and see if that alleviates. Of course don't forget to pump the pedal again to avoid a shock at the first bend when riding ;)

You may be right!!!!
Will check this. Thanks!!!

You turned off your bike while it was in gear. Turn the key to the on position and you’ll hear it click into neutral no need to start the engine, the wheel will now turn freely. I was stumped by this one for a while too.

You were right! Thanks à lot!

Quote Originally Posted by sumo View Post

I had this problem, some 5yrs later from this post, whilst cleaning the rear wheel on my X ADV. It was very hard to turn the wheel whilst on the centre stand.
After checking the forum, and seeing the above post(s), I realised I was stopping the engine when it was still in drive. I tried starting the bike, putting it in drive, moving forward a bit, then neutral, and stopping the engine. When I then placed it on the centre stand, the rear wheel turned easily with, no resistance - great advice - it works! I will now always go into neutral when finishing riding.

I had this problem, some 5yrs later from this post, whilst cleaning the rear wheel on my X ADV. It was very hard to turn the wheel whilst on the centre stand.
After checking the forum, and seeing the above post(s), I realised I was stopping the engine when it was still in drive. I tried starting the bike, putting it in drive, moving forward a bit, then neutral, and stopping the engine. When I then placed it on the centre stand, the rear wheel turned easily with, no resistance - great advice - it works! I will now always go into neutral when finishing riding.
Read the owners manual, do not shut off with the emerg switch and always put in neutral before the key shut off.

On the X-Adv a similar issue can occur when the mechanically operated hand brake does not release properly.

Back