• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the NC700X now Discontinued in Favor of the NC750X?

VicTim

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in California I can't find anything about a 2018 NC700X but notice a NC750X. So my question is did Honda stop 700 in favor of the 750 only? Sorry if I'm late to the party and this is a repost.

Here in California I can't find anything about a 2018 NC700X but notice a NC750X. So my question is did Honda stop 700 in favor of the 750 only? Sorry if I'm late to the party and this is a repost.
Erm....yes.
But you may find some dealers have unused 700. But unlikely.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

As Happy said, Yes. The 700 is gone. Now it's just the 750 worldwide. There are still new, un-sold 700s around if you look hard.

FWIW, my wife has a '16 NC700x and I have an '18 750x and I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the parts are interchangeable. Engine internals are different due to a slightly longer bore but engine externals appear identical. The 750x has a couple other upgrades like full LED lighting, 2 mode traction control (plus OFF), but basically there is almost no visual difference between 2016 and 2017 NC700x and the new 2018 NC750x. The 750 does have somewhat noticeably more power.

When I bought my 2015 18 months ago, there were still 2013s in the warehouse from what I was told. I'd be surprised if they are all gone.

When I bought my 2018 NC750x I did a search of dealers in a radius of roughly 200 miles and could not find any 2017 DCT models but did find some manual models. 2016 inventory also seemed very sparse for DCT models (both new & used). Quite a few 2017s show up on CycleTrader as new inventory at dealerships. The question is are they within a reasonable travel distance and are they actually in stock? I contacted several dealers that showed inventory on some of the websites and none actually had a bike for me to buy. I think the 2016, 17 and 18 are somewhat more attractive as they have the updated 3rd generation DCT programming, new body plastics, etc. Seems like there is a somewhat disproportionately bigger price discount for 2015 and older ... or is a disproportionately higher price premium for the 2016 and newer?

Last edited:
I bought my 2015 new last May (2018). I got a really good deal on it. It had apparently been in storage, still factory packed, because the dealership that originally acquired it went under. When went to buy an NC in May I was surprised that my local dealer had none in stock and there was a question on whether I could order a 2017 or '18 model. I suspect that if I had wanted a 'newer' bike or a DCT they would have got one from another dealer. I had thought about waiting for a 750 but I suspect that the 700 manual gets better economy and since I am happy with the power I doubt the 750 would have been a better option for me.

IOW - happy with the 2015 700 manual that I got.

I joke with my Mother that likes all things red that the red bike would have cost me another $3500.

Not for nothing, but I think Cycle Trader is all but useless. It’s pretty much a billboard for dealers with little relationship to actual bikes that are actually for sale, with actual, accurate info.

And now back to our original programming …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found my bike on Cycle Trader. You need to look for one with real pictures of the bike, not factory stock photos.

Do NOT merge the 700 and 750 forums. Each gen should have its own forum, as folks who respond don't often realize that the 2nd gen has features the 1st gen didn't and the 3rd gen has even more.

If a “new” 2013 or 2014 were found at a dealer, besides the battery, what else would be wise to change out ( oil maybe ?) . Also wondering if the warranty is affected any. I assume it would be in full effect from the date of sale to the customer. Any thoughts on this ?

If a “new” 2013 or 2014 were found at a dealer, besides the battery, what else would be wise to change out ( oil maybe ?) . Also wondering if the warranty is affected any. I assume it would be in full effect from the date of sale to the customer. Any thoughts on this ?

The battery would be my only concern. Oil doesn’t go bad sitting in a bottle, so I don’t believe it will go bad sitting in a new engine. If a 2013 or 2014 were purchased as new stock from a Honda dealer, the warranty should be the same as you would get on a new 2018.

The warranty starts from the date the bike is put in service which is normally the day it is sold, even left over model years get a full factory warranty.

I had the same questions when I bought a new 2015 this spring. The collective knowledge base said don’t worry about the fluids.
The oil will be changed soon enough at 600 miles.

JT

Back