• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally arrived: New Givi EA116 tank bag designed for the NC

GoRovers

Reaction score
Visit site
After a 2+ month backorder wait, I just received the new Givi EA116 tank bag from Twisted Throttle. It's designed to fit 2016+ NC700X/NC750X. It fits securely, looks good and detaches quickly so I can easily take my "stuff" into a restaurant, etc. I'm not a fan of panniers, so this new Givi combined with my Cortech tail bag is an ideal combination.

My photos:
Lees-Givi-attached-w900.jpg

Lees-Givi-base-only-w600.jpg

Givi's video:
[video=youtube_share;Vvgs2QYpowY]https://youtu.be/Vvgs2QYpowY[/video]

Me (with only the Cortech tail bag) a few weeks ago riding Mulholland Highway in Los Angeles:

VKG_3435-w1200.jpg

VKG_3437-w1200.jpg

After a 2+ month backorder wait, I just received the new Givi EA116 tank bag from Twisted Throttle. It's designed to fit 2016+ NC700X/NC750X. It fits securely, looks good and detaches quickly so I can easily take my "stuff" into a restaurant, etc. I'm not a fan of panniers, so this new Givi combined with my Cortech tail bag is an ideal combination.

My photos:
View attachment 37252

View attachment 37253

Givi's video:
[video=youtube_share;Vvgs2QYpowY]https://youtu.be/Vvgs2QYpowY[/video]

Me (with only the Cortech tail bag) a few weeks ago riding Mulholland Highway in Los Angeles:

View attachment 37254

View attachment 37255

Can’t quite tell from the video or the pictures; can you still put the key in and pop the rear seat to gas up without unbuckling the tank bag? And can the frunk be opened with the bag attached?

Can’t quite tell from the video or the pictures; can you still put the key in and pop the rear seat to gas up without unbuckling the tank bag? And can the frunk be opened with the bag attached?

Red: Yes, and yes! Full access to fuel/frunk lock, and frunk opens as usual with bad attached. :)

Will the bag fit inside the frunk, for when you are off the bike and don't want to carry it around?

Twisted Throttle still shows the EA116 as out of stock.

I had filled out their "E-mail me when back in stock" form last month, but nothing...

Last edited:
Will the bag fit inside the frunk, for when you are off the bike and don't want to carry it around? Twisted Throttle still shows the EA116 as out of stock. I had filled out their "E-mail me when back in stock" form last month, but nothing...

Silver: Well, if you SQUISH the Givi bag, I guess it would fit inside the frunk. I plan to keep stuff in both locations (frunk and tank bag). Yes, I saw Twisted Throttle as "out of stock" too. I ordered/paid, then a month or so later... voila! It arrives!

You can see the new Givi tank bag in this photo from my Dana Point ride today. Secure at 80+ mph speeds. Easy to access water bottle at red lights, etc. (Before this I used to leave my frunk ajar/unlocked for water bottle access. Now the frunk stays closed/locked.)

NC700X-Dana-Point-Sep-23-2018-w1000.jpg

Last edited:
Go Rovers-
What size tailbag is that?
I was looking at the 22 liter Cortech bag today but didn't get it, as it also has a weight limit that seems low. 11 pounds! I'm sure I could push that a little.
Need something to hold 6 bottles of wine that won't fall off the side when I lean when cornering.

Last weekend I crafted a foam insert for my EA116 to keep my kit tidy (neat freak :)).

I used a budget PE 10mm sleeping mat, designed & printed the patterns, cut each layer with a hobby knife and heat fused them together.

001_all_items.jpg

006_foam_insert_completed.jpg

009_items_in_insert_02.jpg

010_items_in_insert_03.jpg

012_notebook.jpg

I have a 2013 NC700XD and would be interested in this. However, it looks like the attaching base plate is for the MY '16+.

Back