• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 NC750X DCT ABS wholesale price? Target price?

aceiv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

In my younger days, I was able to find out what the dealers paid for the motorcycles they sold...apparently I have lost that skill when I lost my hair many years ago...

Any suggestions?

Also, my dealer here in Austin doesn't like to deal...I have no problem traveling around TX to get a deal. Any suggestions short of calling the manager directly? What would be your target price?

I can't help being cheap :)

ACE

If you want to pay the least possible, wait a couple of years on the 750 and buy leftover stock.

There are a few Honda Powerhouse dealers in the country I admire for selling at the lowest prices with no games. I like Honda of Russellville (Arkansas). Their advertised price is the price. No fees, freight, setup, or other nonsense. Write a check for that advertised price, and the bike is yours. Pay sales tax and title fees, if any, in your home state. So I use them as a basis for model pricing. Unfortunately, they don't currently stock a 2018 750, but you might call them and ask what their selling price was. Brookhaven Honda (Mississippi) isn't bad, either.

For the last bike I bought, I traveled 1000 miles round trip to get the best deal. Like you, I'm parsimonious (look up that word).

Last edited:
Thank you for those suggestions...spot on. I have traveled around the country to buy the right car...don't see why a motorcycle is any different (sans logistics).

Absolutely LOVE parsimonious ....I'm stealing it!

I just bought a 2018 NC75OXD and I can tell ya, they're in much higher demand than the 700 was. I paid full list at 8699 for mine because the dealer which I've dealt with often flat out told me there were 3 others that wanted it. I just happened to be the first one who requested it back in May. If I wasn't going to be willing to pay list they were going on to next guy. Only 300 750's were being released for 2018 because of how late in the year they were being released. This was according to father Honda... I'm sure they'll all be willing to deal a little bit once the 2019's come in. For now, probably not. For me, I couldn't be happier with the 750XD. I test rode a 700XD and I can say based on that, the 750XD is superior in a lot of different ways. Well worth the 8699 in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve no doubt the 2018 750s are scarce right now , but I predict that will change next year. The Africa Twin was hard to get when it first rolled out. Nowadays I could still buy a leftover new stock 2017 AT for a heavily discounted price.

The NC700X was a hot item when it rolled out. I have a local dealer that still has a new 2013 on the floor.

Last edited:
My dealer managed to get four. Two 750X models and two 750XD's. They sold all four before they hit the sales floor. If you have an older 700X or XD, check out these newer 750's. There's three separate torque control settings and three sport modes. The little bit of extra HP you get makes a big difference as the 750 is noticeably spunkier! I eyed the 700 for years but never pulled the trigger because my Kawi Concours was just fine. Knowing that Honda was eventually going to bring the 750 to the states was all I needed to wait. Glad I did.

My dealer managed to get four. Two 750X models and two 750XD's. They sold all four before they hit the sales floor. If you have an older 700X or XD, check out these newer 750's. There's three separate torque control settings and three sport modes. The little bit of extra HP you get makes a big difference as the 750 is noticeably spunkier! I eyed the 700 for years but never pulled the trigger because my Kawi Concours was just fine. Knowing that Honda was eventually going to bring the 750 to the states was all I needed to wait. Glad I did.

How much riding have you done on the NC700X?

I agree the 750 is a minor enhancement over the 700, but if you eyed the 700 for years but never owned one, how can you know how much better the 750 is over the 700? Likewise, I haven’t been able to ride a 750 yet.

I’m glad I bought my 2012 instead of waiting around, as I’ve had 43,000 good miles on it (and my second 700) so far. And for the difference in what an upgrade might cost now, I bought a CRF250L Rally and still get to keep the NC. Two good bikes for the price of one new 750XD.

Sadly, the US 2018 NC750X still retains the low budget front suspension, the manual version still has no ABS, and the jury is still out as to whether the seat is improved. More power was never on my wishlist, so the only thing in it for me is that the new LED headlight is kinda cool.

Having said all that, I’m sincerely glad you like your 750, and may you have many happy miles.

Last edited:

The dealer I got my wife's 2016 NC700x DCT from got 2 of the new NC750x models, 1 DCT and 1 manual. That dealer is about 150 miles south of where we live.

My local dealer also got 2 of the NC750x models. 1 of each. I bought the DCT version from him.

Somewhere I read that only 300 of the NC750x models arrived on our shores for 2018. Not sure if that is true. Not sure if that was equally divided between standard and DCT version but from what I have seen reported on the internet a lot of dealers seemed to get 1 or 2 of each.

I'm loving both of these bikes. I do think the NC750x engine is an upgrade, seems to be more responsive in every way. That said, the NC700x makes me smile too.

Of interest to this topic we ordered 1 each a manual and a DCT NC750X several months ago. The manual we set up a few weeks ago and I've been wanting to ride the 750 DCT so I got the service department to build it (take out of crate and assemble) last week. When the tarp came off the crate it contained a manual bike - the crate was mislabeled so we got two manual bikes. Probably at this point it's too late to get a 2018 750 DCT to make it right.

The Freeport IL Honda dealer is asking $8530.82 for a 2018NC 750X DCT. Where did you buy yours from ?

The Merrillville, IN dealership, as well as the Terre Haute, IN dealership, were both asking MSRP for theirs. Terre Haute sold theirs, not sure if they went down on the price or not. I bought mine from the Merrillville, IN dealer, they came down a few hundred $ off list and gave my wife a Gold Wing t-shirt too :rolleyes:

Back