• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Footpeg swap from other model hondas?

ColoradoChris

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my foot pegs to something a little more aggressive. I am not finding what I am looking for that "fit" the NC700X. Does anyone know if the Africa Twin or CB500X or maybe even a CRF of some type will fit?[video=youtube_share;E0hAW-G20Ec]https://youtu.be/E0hAW-G20Ec[/video]

Last edited:
There have been many past threads on this subject. Here is one: Footpeg replacement on the cheap

Use Google, in the form of, “NC700-forum.com <subject>”

I also seem to recall a thread thread about using KLR compatible pegs, albeit with possible modification. I have a CRF, so I could go look later and see if the pegs are compatible with the NC.

Last edited:
I searched, I really did, and saw the thread you linked. I am NOT looking to modify a footpeg, just like I don't want to buy a cheap ebay knockoff. Anything that needs to support my weight and provide interface with the bike is a "safety item" to me and not something I want to tamper with. I was hoping that honda was reusing some design work and that some of their other pegs might match up from a mounting standpoint.

If you have the chance to compare the CRF peg that would be great. It if works, it opens up a lot more options in the aftermarket.

I searched, I really did, and saw the thread you linked. I am NOT looking to modify a footpeg, just like I don't want to buy a cheap ebay knockoff. Anything that needs to support my weight and provide interface with the bike is a "safety item" to me and not something I want to tamper with. I was hoping that honda was reusing some design work and that some of their other pegs might match up from a mounting standpoint.

If you have the chance to compare the CRF peg that would be great. It if works, it opens up a lot more options in the aftermarket.
I will stop by my daughter's house on the way home and look at her bike. The P.O. put some on road/ off road pegs on that look heavy duty. I'll take a pic and look for a brand name.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comparing the CRF pegs to the NC pegs, I don’t think it’s a direct swap.

I am looking to upgrade my foot pegs to something a little more aggressive. I am not finding what I am looking for that "fit" the NC700X. Does anyone know if the Africa Twin or CB500X or maybe even a CRF of some type will fit?[video=youtube_share;E0hAW-G20Ec]https://youtu.be/E0hAW-G20Ec[/video]
Here is what is on the daughter's. It was late and the garage dark sorry. I can stop by and take the rubber off tonight it you want that view too.
27675974aa43d073451d7d8e6cd23c45.jpg
8ba0cedcaca44952dc670a96e9fd8131.jpg
405eaf6b41e950c08403d44c2ddfe45e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Here is what is on the daughter's. It was late and the garage dark sorry. I can stop by and take the rubber off tonight it you want that view too.
27675974aa43d073451d7d8e6cd23c45.jpg
8ba0cedcaca44952dc670a96e9fd8131.jpg
405eaf6b41e950c08403d44c2ddfe45e.jpg

That's the Motrch ION pegs i mentioned above. They're a good peg.

If you can find used pegs that fit at a reasonable price, it's great. If you have to buy new pegs from Honda, you might as well get those MoTech pegs which was the path I took.

Thanks for all the input so far. I was really looking for something a little more "aggressive" than the SW Motechs. IF I have to go aftermarket, here is what I had in mind, or if a similar sized stock peg was available, I don't have to spend a lot of money to be happy....
f143865756_3_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg
22-ext-001bks_3_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_1.jpg

What are those things sticking out... spark plug electrodes?
Thanks for all the input so far. I was really looking for something a little more "aggressive" than the SW Motechs. IF I have to go aftermarket, here is what I had in mind, or if a similar sized stock peg was available, I don't have to spend a lot of money to be happy....
View attachment 37205
View attachment 37206

What are those things sticking out... spark plug electrodes?

Pretty sure I missed the sarcasm font, and that you were living up to your name :cool: but just in case......

from their website said:
Traction

Our Patented replaceable traction cleat system is amazing! All sets of Fastway pegs ship with 2 sets of F3 threaded cleats– short 10mm, and tall 12mm cleats; which allow you to customize the shape and traction level of your footbed. Set them up all tall, all short, arched center, tall outside, tapered, or get creative!

We also offer F5 Serrated cleats, and the ultimate in traction– our F7 Spiked cleats. F7 cleats are like being velcroed to your pegs. Can you handle this much traction?
Footpegs

Pretty sure I missed the sarcasm font, and that you were living up to your name :cool: but just in case......

Footpegs
Yes that seems very aggressive and should do job. I think they look cool. Only downside is that it could snag your boot sole when you do want to put your foot down quickly.

Back