• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for Bike.........

Slo_Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Folks,

My local dealer here in SC says there are no 2018 NC 750 DCT's available.....

Has anyone seen one in their local showroom?

Slo_Rider

I doubt your dealer is trying very hard.

Just for Fun Honda, Middleton, Ohio is showing one in their inventory. Call them to confirm. Otherwise just start searching dealer inventories. Honda Powerhouse dealers are most likely to have received them. It may take a little time, but I’ll bet you’ll find some.

Just For Fun Honda

Last edited:
**Shakes head**
It's almost like you are just as unwilling to search as the dealer you are working with.
There's one in Freeport, IL. Two in Richland Center, WI. One in Waukesha, WI.
Oak Creek, Aurora, Davenport...
:confused:

Try cycletrader.com. There are currently 42 new NC750XD (DCT/ABS) units listed nationwide. 1 in SC, 3 in NC, 4 in Florida. Tell your local dealer thanks, but you’ll be shopping elsewhere.

Folks,

Thanks for the information, but there is something I did not say.....or write. This summer I bought a 2017 Honda CB500x, which is a great bike.

Unfortunately it is not the bike for me. The bottom line is that I don't want to sell my bike, or own two bikes at once. I simply want to ride to a dealer and trade my CB500 in for a 2018 NC750x DCT. And yes, I have accepted the fact that it will be a very painful and expensive trade.

I have seen ads, and have sent e-mails and have called dealers, but none of the dealers I have contacted have been interested in a what is essentially a trade.

Bear in mind, (and that is the correct usage of 'bear'), that just because a dealer shows a bike on their website it does not man that they really have the bike. At least a half dozen have said they will call back but never do. Others have said that the bike listed on their website 'just sold earlier today'.

Thanks for the helpful answers, and I understand some may have thought I wasn't putting in any effort.

Slo_Rider

Folks,

Thanks for the information, but there is something I did not say.....or write. This summer I bought a 2017 Honda CB500x, which is a great bike.

Unfortunately it is not the bike for me. The bottom line is that I don't want to sell my bike, or own two bikes at once. I simply want to ride to a dealer and trade my CB500 in for a 2018 NC750x DCT. And yes, I have accepted the fact that it will be a very painful and expensive trade.

I have seen ads, and have sent e-mails and have called dealers, but none of the dealers I have contacted have been interested in a what is essentially a trade.

Bear in mind, (and that is the correct usage of 'bear'), that just because a dealer shows a bike on their website it does not man that they really have the bike. At least a half dozen have said they will call back but never do. Others have said that the bike listed on their website 'just sold earlier today'.

Thanks for the helpful answers, and I understand some may have thought I wasn't putting in any effort.

Slo_Rider

Thanks for the context. We bought a car last year and had similar issues with dealer cooperation. I understand that you don't really want to sell your bike but that may be something that you should consider. The dealers may not really be looking to add used inventory at the end of August so your proposal may not float their boat. If you sell the bike and have cash in your hand you may get a good deal as the weather changes. In a perfect world more for your bike and less for the new one. Good luck :)

If you were to price your CB500X at the dollar amount a dealer might typically give you on a trade, and you’re willing to accept that price, it would be priced so low it would probably sell very quickly and painlessly. I was shopping for a 500 earlier this year, and found that used ones for sale were scarce. I assumed it was because people liked what they bought and kept them longer.

The dealer’s reasons for taking your trade is to make a profit reselling it, or facilitate the sale of a new model. They probably won’t have trouble selling new NC750X models so if they can avoid a trade, all the better. If the market for selling a used CB500X doesn’t look good this time of year, or in your location, the dealer is probably not interested.

At any rate, the dealer telling you that NC750Xs are not available is simply not true. They may not be available for him to order from Honda, but they are on showroom floors somewhere. Your dealer could do an inventory swap with another dealer, but they’ve already shown a lack of interest in your situation.

Last edited:
My dealer is a Honda Powerhouse and they have had one for at least six weeks, which I bought. I did find that there where few 16-17's available when I started looking so I waited for the'18.

I don't understand those who say the DCT's won't sell. I doubt they tried to buy one. Not that Honda's making any effort to sell these stateside. It's a Euro-centric sales. BTW the dealer really knows nothing about these models. And they don't seem to want to learn.

Gold Wing, MX or 600cc rocket, no others need apply.

Call the folks at Just For Fun Honda in Middlefield OH (1-866-346-3281). They had at least one when I was there a week or so ago. The local Geauga County fair is on this week so they may even have a 'special'! Brian (owner) or Greg (salesman) are the people I deal with outside of service. Brian is a top-notch guy and they are a PowerHouse dealership.

FezUSA,

Thanks for the heads up. Most dealers around here are closed on Monday so I will try tomorrow on my lunch break.

Slo_Rider

Question Slo_Rider; how far are you willing to travel to get the bike? If you are dead set on a trade or not traveling out of state, you may have to wait to spring. Dealer in Deland Florida may have one (they had a couple last month)- RC HIll Honda. Also appears to be a few dealers in Florida may have one or two maybe.

SilverRocket,

Thanks. That is my local dealer, and as I posted earlier, just because they say they have it doesn't really mean they do. In this case they do not have a bike and have said they don't expect to get any more and further they say Honda has none in any warehouse.

There is a dealer who is trying to help and I might get some good news this week. Very expensive news, but good news nonetheless.

I don't mean to imply the local folks haven't tried to help but they have done the best they can.

Slo_Rider

This does not sound like something your dealer wants to pursue rather than a lack of supply. Perhaps the trade value of your 500 against a new 700 is killing a potential solution.

Even if particular bikes are not available from American Honda warehouses does not mean they are not available. Twice in recent weeks the dealer I work for dealer-traded Africa Twins from other dealers in order to make one available for a customer here. I'm sure the customer paid more for the AT but that is the bike they wanted and saw the value in the offered deal.

dduelin,

Part of the issue is that several dealers have said they cannot sell the CB500x's. One dealer claimed he has had a 2016 on the floor for two years.

Guess I bought a niche bike......great bike but just not in high demand. Twenty years ago my VFR was the same situation. Great bike but just not very popular outside of a few zealots like me.

Tomorrow I will need to make a decision on a bike and I am leaning toward making a trade.

Slo_Rider

Last edited:
Bike...........

Folks,

Thanks for all the help over the last few weeks..........

Yesterday I went to Charlotte and traded the CB500x for a 2018 NC750x DCT. It was an ugly bath money-wise but the ride home convinced me I made the right decision. It took a while because I came home the back way and that was after an accidental extended tour of Charlotte. Charlotte just keeps growing. Every corner seems to be under construction, and it was my first experience with the electric scooters. People would just roll into the crosswalk.....against the light...and scare the crap out of me.

Coming home the bike just felt great, similar to my old VFR fit-wise. It feels much more solid than the CB500. It is taller than the CB500 so I will order a lowering link tonight.

Inside my helmet, the DCT sounded like a Harley and each shift was a resounding 'clunk'. It also sounded like I was 'lugging' the engine but I guess Honda knows what they are doing.

If anybody is still reading this I have a question about a centerstand. The local dealer put one on the CB500 and it became a challenge to find the sidestand. Since the NC has a longer wheelbase my hope is it will be easier to find the sidestand. Any thoughts?

The instrument cluster looks like it will take a bit to figure out but I look forward to it but I am already thinking about some sort of sunshade.

If anybody has any suggestions don't hesitate to mention them.

Slo_Rider

I’ve had no trouble locating the side or centerstand on the NC700X. Hopefully it will work out for you.

670cc,

Having what is arguably the most expensive stock NC750 on the planet it will work out. First step is lowering this puppy and then I can can look at a centerstand and then a windshield.....

Thanks for the input and don't hesitate to mention anything you think will help the process.

Slo_Rider

If you lower the bike by much, it’s my understanding that putting the bike up on the standard NC700X/750X centerstand becomes more difficult. If you lower it a lot you may want to consider using the stand for the NC700S model. You would have to order that from Web!ke in Japan since the S was never sold here. Their super low prices offset the cost of shipping. But then I’ve never lowered my X, so this is second hand info. I hope someone who has done it can chime in.

On the same note, lowering the bike a lot makes the sidestand too long as well.

Back