• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Opinions on Metzeler Roadtec Z6 tires?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Metzeler Roadtec Z6 is advertised as a sport touring radial. Current rebate of $50 offered on a pair of these tires brings the price of a set for the NC down to as low as (US) $134, with free shipping. Reviews seem favorable, and pricing is on a par with Conti Motions and Shinko Ravens, but with rebate it’s even better. One thing I dislike on the Z6 (also on the Motion) is the lack of tread in the rear tire center, a feature which tends to give you little warning before the cords show.

Can anyone that has ran a set these Z6s report on their experience?

Last edited:
Ordered and received the Z6 tires. They look nice, but the road test will be next summer after I wear out the tires I have. At $134 (until end of August, 2018) for the set of two, it’s the best deal I’ve seen for NC tires.

Shipping was incredibly fast. I ordered them from BikeBandit on a Monday morning. UPS delivered them midday Tuesday. I wonder if UPS Supply Chain Solutions actually warehouses these tires in Hodgkins, IL or nearby. I have consistently received tires in one or two days regardless of what vendor I order from.

I used to run the Z6 10-12 years ago. It was a good tire for me on the ST1300. I thought the Z6 was replaced by the Z8.

I used to run the Z6 10-12 years ago. It was a good tire for me on the ST1300. I thought the Z6 was replaced by the Z8.

I guess the Z6 and Z8 are both offerred. The Z8 gets worse reviews, as you might guess. I did note when reading reviews that a number of Honda ST riders used the Z6, so it gave me confidence to give them a try.

IIRC the tire was updated as Interact Z6 but I thought it's day was done 10 years ago. I admit surprise to see it on Metzeler USA website a few minutes ago. What's the build date on them?

IIRC the tire was updated as Interact Z6 but I thought it's day was done 10 years ago. I admit surprise to see it on Metzeler USA website a few minutes ago. What's the build date on them?

Mine are dated mid year, 2017

Back