• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire suggestions for 18" front

Wildfire

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

So I recently bought a 18" front wheel for the NC700X and now I need to figure out what tire to put on it. It is a tubeless compatible 18x2.15 cast aluminum wheel with all the appropriate adaptors.

It has a 100/90-18 tire on it right now which the seller said was the biggest that could comfortably fit without modification beyond raising the fender. According to a chart on the internet 110mm width is the widest metric sized tires recomended for the 2.15" wide rim.

Currently I use a 120/70-17 TKC80 on the front and am hopping for something that has a bit more authority on loose gravel and sloppy wet clay without losing too much confidence on the pavement. I was really hoping to stick to tubeless tire choices but there isn't many options that I can find in the 110mm or thinner sizes. I'm OK with the idea of running a skinny rear tire on the front.

The tire that is drawing me the most right now is a Dunlop D606 in 120/90-18 as it looks like it would make a decent front for a variety of conditions, but it might be too big for the rim and clearances. If there is something that you guys know of that is skinnier (100 or 110mm) and will likewise do well off pavement and decently on pavement I am open to suggestions :)

Back