• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED Headlight swap.

Extremefreak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Is it possible to sawp the entire headlight assembly on my 2016 NC700X DCT (USA) to one of the newer LED units from the NC750X? They look to be the same size, and appear to have the same mounting points. Would there be issues using high/low beams? Any info would be great! Nott sure if this has been covered, but I am struggling to find good information on this.

Thanks!

Refer to this thread: Will the 2016+ NC750X's LED headlamp fit an American 2016 NC700X?

Also this one: Will the 2016 led headlight fit the older models?

I haven't yet seen a US spec NC750X parts listing, but I'd expect the cost of the 2018 headlight assembly to be $350-400 discounted.

Although it's a different model, it's interesting to note that the Honda NC700JDAC NM4 Vultus headlight assembly has a list price of $1,009.78.

EDIT:
I just saw the USA version 2018 NC750X parts list at cheapcycleparts.

HEADLIGHT ASSY.
33100-MKA-D82
$593.67

The headlight mounting stay, 61318-MGS-D30, is the same part number as on a 2016 NC700X, which is also the same as on a 2012 model.

Last edited:
At those prices ..........would have to be absolutely positive the factory LED was actually an improvement in output and not just a styling and techno feature .

I think you would be better off to buy an LED bulb if you wanted to have and LED headlight. Not sure it's worth it to swap the entire assembly. Unless you're just a fan of the way it looks over the older model.

I have found the light output of the incandescent to be sufficient, but it is very ugly IMO. I really like the looks of the new LED more than anything. $500 would be worth it if I can confirm that it won't cause any electrical issues and if the plugs are the same. Anyone have insight on this?

I have found the light output of the incandescent to be sufficient, but it is very ugly IMO. I really like the looks of the new LED more than anything. $500 would be worth it if I can confirm that it won't cause any electrical issues and if the plugs are the same. Anyone have insight on this?

I’d seriously doubt the plugs are the same but that’s an easy fix if the voltages are compatible. Current draw would be much less. Perhaps someone with a later 750 service manual could check the schematics for the LED light.

Plenty of others (myself included) have just swapped to a led bulb instead, works great and I added a set of $25 led auxiliary lights as well. 70% of my riding is in the dark

BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit Amazon.com: BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit: Automotive

I installed this led a month or so ago replacing a different brand of led and I'm happy with it.
The old one was just a hair dimmer but the reason I switched was the old bulb had a fan for the led, the new one doesn't have a fan (I didn't like the noise)

Last edited:
Is that beam tech H4 a plug n play swap for the H4 in the nc700 (‘12-‘16)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long needle noise pliers to open the latch (opens on one side and swings open like a gate) is the only tool needed the rest is easily done by hand

Boot question that you already answered.
Trying to be as accurate and simple as possible, some on here are new to working on vehicles or at least motorcycles, I want to be specific, sometimes that leads to being redundant. Either way others have posted about having to cut the rubber boot, that would make it so moisture could get into your light housing and would be a mistake

I typed out a question and you had already answered before i posted...[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As the NC750x is new in the US (and most of us hasn't even seen one yet), to answer the OP, probably no one in the US is going to be able to answer your original question with certainty-only a guess. Only the overseas owners might know only if they had thought of trying to do a complete swap....

Hello,

Is it possible to sawp the entire headlight assembly on my 2016 NC700X DCT (USA) to one of the newer LED units from the NC750X?

Thanks!
According to this post on the UK forums and the blog from the original poster- the led headlight (which was fitted to the euro models in 2016) fits earlier halogen equiped bikes, but the connectors are completely different:
2015 Headlight -> 2016 Headlight, now Converting.. but Connecter different!,,, - Electrical Items - The Honda NC Owners Forum
남쓰민's 일상 취미공간 nc750s aveo : 네이버 블로그
(Thanks davidc83 for the push)

I think you would be better off to buy an LED bulb if you wanted to have and LED headlight. Not sure it's worth it to swap the entire assembly. Unless you're just a fan of the way it looks over the older model.

At that price it would be better (sensibly cheaper) to replace the existing bulb. It's not fun and scratches your hand up, but there's simply no need to replace the entire housing. It's $33 vs $500?

I used [THIS] "72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K"

ledbulbnc700x.jpg

Replacing the rear tail light bulb was MUCH more difficult that the headlight.
Replacing the turn signals was easy... even with replacing the flash controller on the left side under the plastic panel.

Having AUX lights mounted on the front has saved me once when the headlight bulb failed. It's not a bad idea.

At that price it would be better (sensibly cheaper) to replace the existing bulb. It's not fun and scratches your hand up, but there's simply no need to replace the entire housing. It's $33 vs $500?

I used [THIS] "72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K"

View attachment 36777

Replacing the rear tail light bulb was MUCH more difficult that the headlight.
Replacing the turn signals was easy... even with replacing the flash controller on the left side under the plastic panel.

Having AUX lights mounted on the front has saved me once when the headlight bulb failed. It's not a bad idea.
Couple questions, can you post links or details to the turn signals and was it your original or this led that failed on your bike?

Couple questions, can you post links or details to the turn signals and was it your original or this led that failed on your bike?

The headlight didn't actually fail, it came unplugged! The AUX lights got me home safely so I could figure that out. I've used a zip tie to prevent that from recurring.

the notes on turn signal bulbs may be found [HERE].

Beemerphile's following post gets you the correct flashing controller. Resistors work but they seem less elegant than simply replacing the flash controller that tolerates LED bulbs.

I originally gave up on the effort, but I returned to the fight [HERE]. Wow.. lots of good reading on that thread....including my own stupidity/bad manners.... I apologize for those in advance, but it is what it is.
Thank goodness for the patience of those who suffer fools gladly.

Last edited:
Back